Can't attack free cities when other CIVs units are in it. NEEDS TO BE FIXED

Adam Hall

Chieftain
This bug is unacceptable. You cannot attack a free city if there is other CIVs unit still in the center. Outrageous. Is Firaxis going patch this again soon or do we need to wait another 6 months?

You can if you declare war on that civ. :D I agree this is a pretty bad bug. I don't remember it when R&F first came out, seems like it appeared in recent patches.

This was introduced in the recent Spring Developer Update inadvertantly caused by the following most likely:
  • Fixed Bugs related to expelling units out of a City's or Civilization's borders when applicable. Units should no longer be expelled from a Free City when it flips due to Loyalty unless the city flips to a major civ and rules require it.
FearSunn developed a work-a-round mod: Garrison Bug Fix

@Laurana Kanan: Thanks for the link. I have seen this bug over and over, including seeing a free city swordsman trapped in a Mongol city for all of one game. Every turn, I would get a message that Qaraqorum was under seige, which was more than a little immersion-breaking.

This bug is unacceptable. You cannot attack a free city if there is other CIVs unit still in the center. Outrageous.

It is both a bug and an exploit. (You can leave a garrison unit in your rebelling cities preventing anyone else taking them). It was reported -> https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...it-remains-in-free-cities-bug-exploit.632374/

This bug is nicknamed the "Byzantine Cock block" as the Civ VI equivalent of Theodora's Byzantine Backstab in Civ V (you'll know what I'm talking about if you've played a ton of that game). :lol:

Top Bottom