can't enable mods

ajoin007

Chieftain
Hey,

i searched the forum and internet but i can't seem to find a decent answer.

I installed the mods as several tutorials showed me, i start a new game through the mod menu and then clicking on single game. My mod that i want to run is enable (green checksign) but when my game than starts it is as if i start a vanilla game. I open f.e. the anno domini mod but i don't get the other civilizations nor do i get the 55 extra techs so i can see that the mod's not working.

What should i do.

ps anno domini is only an example, other mods arent working either although i installed em like i should

Moderator Action: Moved to C&C.

Are you running the game on a Mac or a PC?

I am having a similar problem, every mod that i try to run doesn't work, I click enable, and then try to start a single player gam e but there are never any civs available to choose and it just gets stuck there, I can't move forward to play, I have tried with both a user created mod and the DLC Viking and New World mods...none of them have civs available??

I am also windows 7 PC

Let's try the two basic questions:

1> Are you remembering to use the "Single Player" option in the Mods menu, or are you going back out to the main menu (the one listing things like multiplayer) before starting a game? Mods ONLY work if you stay within the Mods menu, although the DLCs should still work just fine from the main menu.

2> Have you checked your logfiles? It's possible that you've downloaded so many mods that they're conflicting in various ways and not loading as a result. Go into your user directory (that's My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/) and open the file "config.ini". About two-thirds of the way down the file will be "LoggingEnabled = 0". Change that to a 1.
The next time you try to start the game, it'll create a bunch of logfiles within the "Logs/" subdirectory of your user directory; the ones you care about are xml.log, Database.log, and Lua.log. Each of these will have a few errors or warnings that are part of the vanilla game, so you should try running a "clean" game first to see what sort of values are considered normal for each of these. Then, run with the mod and see what additional errors (if any) show up in each.

A LOT of mods are hopelessly out-of-date and will break if you try to use them, and a lot of the ones that do still work if you use them by themselves, but will conflict with each other. But if the DLCs are also not working, then it's unlikely to be this sort of conflict; it's far more likely to be a failure on your end, something like the game's registry entry pointing to a directory other than the one where Steam actually installed it. If you tried moving the files to some other directory after they were installed, then yes, it'll break.

I downloaded and enabled a couple of scenarios from within the game interface. BUt after that there is no way to select it to play other than the Mongol Scenario that came with the game. How do I select to play the scenarios I downloaded??

i learnt that u need to:-
under Mod (Accept), Browse Mod and make sure the relevant Mod i enabled. This will enable the non-std rules/theme of the game.
If mod comes with a custom scenario map
Goto under MOD, goto
Single Play, Setup Game, Advance Setup, Choose map of concern under Maptype, click Back.
At this stage a scenario description will have Load Scenario option. Click it green.
Start Scenario.

Something is just plain strange with mod installation. Yesterday I downloaded from Steam, after several months away from the game, so I know I have the up to date game version.

I tried to run Civilization NiGHTS and it failed to load several times in a row, then inexplicably it worked once.

Today, I cannot start a new game using the mod. Very, very weird.

Top Bottom