Can't get Mod to work :(

JosEPh_II

TBS WarLord
How and where does the Sound and Art go?

Does it go into the Mods Assets? BtS Assets? I find the instruction to be to brief and unclear.

Obviously others have done it, I don't seem to have found the right combination.

How about a simple walkthru, please.

I also have a hard time getting the 1.14 patch to overwrite the 1.0 files.

Thanks for any help. Looking forward to playing this Mod soon.

:)

JosEPh

ya i cant get it to load either think everything is in the right place but nothing. I know alot of people just know how all this works and just do it but some of us dont or what we have done with other mods doesnt work. Thanks

read instruction 20 times until you get it

:p Thanks Pablod :goodjob:

deanej wrote;The art/sound pack stuff goes into the main BtS assets.

Thank you.

JosEPh :)

Placed the STArt0.FPK, .fpk1, and .fpk2 in this path:C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets. Per this Readme instructions:-Copy the .fpk to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Assets

The Mod is located here: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Star_Trek .

Mod still won't load. :(

Any suggestions Besides rereading the Readme for the 21st time? :p

I really would like to play this Mod.

JosEPh

wich one is your civ iv or civ 4
you have to browse don't just type letters
doesn't go where the mod is
it go to asset in bts

Placed the STArt0.FPK, .fpk1, and .fpk2 in this path:C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets. Per this Readme instructions:-Copy the .fpk to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Assets

Pablod that's exactly where I placed them in the BtS Assets Folder Not the Mods Assets folder.

The Mod is located here: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Star_Trek .

Mod still won't load. :(

Any suggestions Besides rereading the Readme for the 21st time? :p

I really would like to play this Mod.

I'll double check the CIV 4 vs CIV IV path.

:shrug:

JosEPh :(

It needs to go in the MODS directory (It's actually a bunch of mods to accommodate scenarios).

Do you mean,

My Games\Beyond The Sword\MODS

or

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

?

Is there a reason why there is an underscore in Star_Trek?

I am looking at my file, and that seems to be the name of the zipped folder containing the original mod.

What I think you want to do is move the contents (Start Trek, ST Deep Space Nine, ETC...) of that Star_Trek folder (minus the readme) into the directory C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Is there a reason why there is an underscore in Star_Trek? If you created your own folder, that's the problem. It needs to go in the MODS directory (It's actually a bunch of mods to accommodate scenarios).

deanej,

That's EXACTLY how it unzipped. I made absolutely No changes to the Mods name. And it is in the BtS Mods folder.

Should I rename it to Star Trek?

Or do as AJSmooth suggested?

Right now I got nothin' workin'.

JosEPh :nuke: :sad:

I unzipped my ST-Scenario folders directly into the mods folder, where they are now. The Star Trek Mod files for the main mod are in their own Star Trek folder.

deanej, I suggest you post a couple screenshots or something so people know where the ST scenario folders end up relative to the main mod folder. I'd do this myself cept your the dude with the OT for installation and I don't know how to post screenies yet :p

As AJSmooth suggested. I don't know why your extraction program is creating its own folder. What program did you use?

Winzip.

I took out the _ but nothing changed.

I've even tried to start the mod by using 1 of the shortcuts supplied. I end up with a regular BtS game.

I'll try AJSmooth's suggestion and see what happens.

JosEPh

Okay partial breakthru.

I took the Star Trek folder inside the main mod folder Star_Trek and used it to replace the Star_Trek one. I also had to delete all Star_Trek Config and .ini.bak files as well. Duplicates of the Star Trek ones with the exception of Mod name line being Star_Trek instead of Star Trek.

I can now start Star Trek Mod and have 3 maps to use besides the default BtS maps. The maps that list are: StarTrekFlat, Spiralgalaxy and Startrek.

I left the ST DS9, Klingon, Enterprise, TOS, etc folders inside the Star Trek Folder. Which may explain why I can't play a scenario. If I select scenario I get the default BtS list.

So my next step is to move each Scenario Folder out into the Main Mod folder and see if they work as per deadliver's advice?

When you start a game with the Spiral galaxy is the only ship you start with the Probe? No Enterprise?

Making progress. Please have paitience with me.

Yeah, the scenario folders also have to be in the main mod folder (they are actually separate mods, in fact). You should still be able to see them in your current configuration, just not play them (it will return mod not found or something). You need to select the "Play a Scenario" option, not BtS scenarios (that is for the official ones that came with the BtS expansion pack).

Was able to start the DS9 scenaro today after placing all scenarios out in the main Mod folder.

I save all D/L's and everyone of them the Star trek 1.0, Art and Sound and 1.14 Patch All had _ instead of "space" between each name. Not sure why. If it was winzip or your D/L site. Since another player said they had it too I lean towards the D/L site.

Interesting takes on the FF Mod deanej. :cool:

Thanks for not ignoring me. :respect:

I struggled a lot with this mod. So much I actually wrote a detailed reply here, but it turns out it was irrelevant. I had simply installed the 3.13 patch instead of the 3.17 one when reinstalling the game. After installing the latest patch, I can finally start a game without the game crashing to desktop. :)

Top Bottom