Can't get past Launcher

glenlivet

Chieftain
Hello,

Since upgrading (today) to New Frontier pass for Civ 6, I'm unable to actually launch and play the game. The launcher will start as normal, allowing me to interact and select DX11 or 12, and hit play. The appropriate app will begin in task manager (CivilizationVI_DX12.exe), but will stay in background processes and never appear on screen (or use system resources like a normal game). Steam shows the app as running (with the option to click "Stop", which does nothing), and I am only able to close it by ending task in task manager.

I have updated my drivers, reinstalled the game, verified the game integrity through Steam, and rebooted my system multiple times all to no avail. Please, any help or workarounds would be appreciated. Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Intel i7-5820K
EVGA nvidia 1080ti
DX12
32gb RAM

civ 1.png civ 2.png

Hello,

Since upgrading (today) to New Frontier pass for Civ 6, I'm unable to actually launch and play the game. The launcher will start as normal, allowing me to interact and select DX11 or 12, and hit play. The appropriate app will begin in task manager (CivilizationVI_DX12.exe), but will stay in background processes and never appear on screen (or use system resources like a normal game). Steam shows the app as running (with the option to click "Stop", which does nothing), and I am only able to close it by ending task in task manager.

I have updated my drivers, reinstalled the game, verified the game integrity through Steam, and rebooted my system multiple times all to no avail. Please, any help or workarounds would be appreciated. Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Intel i7-5820K
EVGA nvidia 1080ti
DX12
32gb RAM

View attachment 584396 View attachment 584397
Nobody replied yet, Glenlivet? I am having the same problem. you sorted it yet?

I'm having that problem now. The 2K launcher comes up and disappears and now I've got 9 background 2k processes running and the game isn't loading.
I've already uninstalled/reinstalled. Only happened with the June update.

Top Bottom