Can't gift unit to teammate

Reffie2

Chieftain
I'm playing Vox Populi with teams (singleplayer). Normally you can gift units to other players/AI by moving the unit into their borders, and click the gift-box icon. But this option seem to be missing.

How do I gift units to my teammates?

go into (1) Community Patch then search for "exploit" it'll pop up in one of the files, open the files in notepad and delete that line if you still wish to gift units to AI. I can't find the line now since I deleted it.

I understand it's super exploitable, but since I don't like crippling AI all that much I sometimes even gift units to friendly AIs losing a war pretending they are a "volunteer army" thing from HOI4.

go into (1) Community Patch then search for "exploit" it'll pop up in one of the files, open the files in notepad and delete that line if you still wish to gift units to AI. I can't find the line now since I deleted it.

I understand it's super exploitable, but since I don't like crippling AI all that much I sometimes even gift units to friendly AIs losing a war pretending they are a "volunteer army" thing from HOI4.

yes its still a viable feature if human plays with some reasonable restraint... still i'd love to see a strong AI rival supplying my enemies the way i do to them when its enabled

my understanding is this feature is enabled/disabled via customModOptions.xml... speculatively speaking, find the following and change the 0 to 1:

Code:
<Row Class="5" Name="NO_MAJORCIV_GIFTING" Value="0"/>

Last edited:
Top Bottom