CAN't Play Multiplayer online

PVWolfgang420

Chieftain
Aite.. i've been following all instructions i've been able to get my hands on, and i STILL cannot play online games. i can logon fine. i can talk in the main chatroom fine. i can even join games fine, and talk to the players in the pregame lobby. but when everyone clicks "ready" and the host starts the game... it loads, and AS SOON AS the game acutally starts, i get a message saying i was disconnected from all the other players.
* i have ports 2033-2056 opened and triggered on my router
* i have my norton firewall AND windows firewall both OFF/disabled
* i HAD the BlueMarble & CivScale mods, but uninstalled and reinstalled without them.
* i have patch 1.61 just like everyone else

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN TRY??? plz help my patience is wearing thin with this game.. if i dont figure it out soon i might be tryin to play civ with a couple broken pieces of plastic for discs.

You need a router expert...routers are evil as I said before (I think) in the last thread. I'd recommend looking for a router forum to get some tips unless some expert wanders in here and isn't in the technical support subforum, the place you got help with uninstalling.

Hi turning off norton aint a good idea as the firewall still works you need to forward port 2056 and only this one to any ip location both udp/tcp in the router settings, and in norton if you have the 2006 version set it to training mode or go to the firewall list and add program for civ4/warlords and allow the port in there too as well as this you need to allow civ in windows firewall also adding the port in windows firewall after that disable windows firewall reboot the router and the pc and all should run ok

well thats what I had to do anyway first time i played MP

p.s. might be worthwhile removing all other ports in the router except for the 2056 one as thats the only one you need the others may be causing the problems

if you have yim and still have problems im bantamsc4 ill try talk you through the process on yim if needs be

Top Bottom