Can't seem to trade an AI to liberate their Vassal

Dharmaserf

Chieftain
I seem to have hit on something that is really putting a damper on my strategy. I've traded Assyria to release their vassals. Their vassal is Genghis Khan. The world hates Genghis, and his capital has two aluminum fields worth 20, while I have none. I want it. Sadly, I am friends with Assyria, so I don't want to DoW Assyria. "No problem," I say! I proceed to trade Assyria a luxury resource for them to release Mongolia, so I can "borrow" their capital and aluminum. Assyria loves this trade. Trade completes. NOTHING HAPPENS. Twenty turns later I try again. Nothing. Reset save. Nothing.

So, now I'm wondering... is this a bug? Or, do I have to wait til there is some time period (I don't remember, but maybe its been within 90 turns since Mongolia became a vassal?). I guess I will still play and report back if anything changes. If not, I will have to wait for Assyria to no longer be my friend and DoW them. Aluminum is super scarce on the map, and there is twenty just right there waiting for me.

Thoughts?

Alirght. So confirmed that this must be a bug. I waited 90 turns, for the trade to have Assyria abandon his Vassals to complete, and nothing. The Mongols are still their vassal. Looks like I will have to declare on Assyria. Let's see how many friends I lose. heh.

Top Bottom