Can't Upgrade or Promote a Unit after it Made its Move

MosheLevi

Prince
Civ 6 won't allow us to Upgrade or Promote a Unit after it Made its Move.

That's an issue especially when we receive a notification on the right that we can promote a unit, but when we click on it and we are been taken to that unit, the Promotion option is NOT showing.

Civ 4 & 5 allowed us to promote units after they moved.

yea promotion must be part of the move. It is because promotion heals your unit. The notification is bugged (should disappear), not the promotion mechanic.

This is more of a suggestion but often I have units who qualify for both Promotion and an Upgrade which waists two turns.
This brings the game pace to a croll...

I would suggest that a promotion doesn't consume the turn (just like it is in Civ 5).

Well it isn't place for this discussion, but in my opinion this system is more logical compared to civ 5. Healing unit without wasting turn often made the more lucky player the winner of the fight(player whose unit just got a promotion), and favored lower lvl units (less exp to get promotion=heal) which is pretty ridiculous. Not to mention about "saving promotion option" which was total unrealistic and turned fights into "who has more promotions" competition.

I agree that promotions should be chosen in the same turn for game flow reasons, but get rid of the heal. This will require the player to take better care of their units and support them rather than rushing into a situation knowing the unit will be magically healed when clicking on the promotion button.

Top Bottom