can't work a tile

Herocrafter

Chieftain
Long time original civ player, just bought the latest version.

I haven't read all the posts so this could be a nonissue to many. But I've a city (in iceage scenario) that has a corn tile that I've farmed. The overhead show all resources shows it will produce a few corn but in my city view I can not work that tile (yes its within my boarders an no theres not a another city even within view.) I click on the tile like I try to place a citizen on it but I just get knocked out of city view.

Also this city had a deformed cross boarder. On one axis the left half of the "fat cross" is one tile short in that it is missing a corner tile.

I should note that the left side is in the ocean and there doesn't appear to be any resources in the missing tile.

screenshots are a must in such situations...

Alright. The first screen shows the corn tile in question (note that the curser text shows it produces 4 corn. Also note that the boundry on the ocean is two tiles wide not three.

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

And heres the city shot (note that the same corn tile doesn't have any bread.)
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

The square with corn is not part of the 21 squares your city is allowed to use.

Are you saying I can use all but the outer rim of squares w/in my boundry? Why would they let me build the farm then?

So that with road you can gain the resource itself or work it with another city you plop down later ;). You can only "work" two squares out - corners from city. Giving you 21 squares counting city itself so 20 POP can work all tiles...

The deformed border is due to not being able to own ocean squares. You can own water squares that are coast but not ocean. Maybe a better way to say that is you can only own squares so far out into the ocean regardless of culture.

and about the border, it's deformed because it doesn't expand more than 1 tile of ocean.

Well, i can't help but react with my own problem, maybe somebody has answers....

The picture shows a city and i don't understand the culture-line. It has nothing to do with ocean it seems to me. The marked tiles are tiles where
should be culture too imo.

NB. herocrafter has diagonal tiles, i have horizontale/vertical tiles ??:confused:

Asperge

Top Bottom