Capturing Zeus

Naismith

Prince
I have a couple of quick Zeus questions:

1) If I capture a city with the Statue of Zeus in it, does the increased war weariness for my opponent start immediately, or does it start when the city comes out of resistance?

2) I'm unclear about the increased war weariness: Does it apply to all things that generate war weariness (pillaging, units killed, cities taken, etc.)?

1) Keep in mind that this only works when they declare war on you not the other way around. SO if you declare to take the statue it will have no effect untill you make peace and then if they declare on you it would effect them

2) I think that it applies for everything, however remember when they are defending in their city they do not reciece WW from loss of units. Neither do you.
When they loose units on the offensive though that is another matter. :lol:

1) Keep in mind that this only works when they declare war on you not the other way around. SO if you declare to take the statue it will have no effect untill you make peace and then if they declare on you it would effect them

2) I think that it applies for everything, however remember when they are defending in their city they do not reciece WW from loss of units. Neither do you.
When they loose units on the offensive though that is another matter. :lol:

i don't think 1) is true. the strategy part says "go to war" but the description just says "enemies":

other wonders like hanging gardens and statue of liberty kick in while the city containing them is in revolt, so i think SoZ does too.

2) is true.

Naismith you mentioned pillaging. in vanilla, and afaik in all versions, pillaging doesn't affect WW. see this link for WW mechanics details.

Yes, I think Zeus does work when you attack/declare does it not?

If not, I am clearly doing well enough on my own creating war wearyness!

:D

The wording in Civilopedia is confusing, but I suspect KmadCandy is right.

Strange about pillaging - back when vanilla first came out, I saw several posts saying that pillaging added to WW. I guess they were just wrong.

I am not 100% certain that it only works when some one attacks you but I have not seen ww kick in for them big time unless they attack me so.....
Perhaps that is only because loss of a city will cause it if they are defending. If you loose a unit in your borders defending it does not cause WW. Either that or I have compleatly missunderstood how WW works....

actually, you gain WW when you capture a city, not when you lose one! your people get mad when you do the combat actions, even when you win the battles. you get a little bit when they attack you, too, but as far as i can see from that thread that poked around in the SDK, you get no WW from losing a city.

and the part about WW only outside your borders can be tricky. from that strategy article i linked:
Combat Actions: only gained where you are not Culturally dominant
[ie a city that was someone else's for a long time might NOT count as where you are culturally dominant, even if it is within your borders]

here's a link to the article and the entire thread, with some questions and answers about it. WW is a funky thing.

the article was written back in vanilla days but afaik nothing about the basic mechanics of WW has changed. just the added bonus of SoZ.

Yeah I knew you gained WW from Capturing Cities, I thought you gained it from loosing them as well but apparently not. I'll have to give that thread a read......

Top Bottom