carry my scenario progress over to another PC?

slowcar

King
i played a lot of the scenarios on my new laptop (which is faster then my desktop anyhow) and would like to continue the scenarios on my normal PC.
is it sufficient to copy a savegame? or are there some information in a file somewhere?

I've got a problem.

I had been playing and completing some scenarios on my desktop (the Decius ones for example), and also some on my laptop (the Illian ones for example).

I then wanted to continue on my laptop, so I thought to be smart and add the text from the trophy.cfg file on my desktop into the text in trophy.cfg on my laptop.

So I added things like:
p6
I1
sS'TROPHY_WB_FALL_OF_CUANTINE'

to the bottome of the file on my laptop, of course taking care that the numbers behind the letter 'p' increased (so I didn't have two p6 for example).

Unfortunately, after doing that and starting FfHII and wanting to start a new scenario, I noticed all my previously completed scenarios were now marked as not being completed at all. Logging out and opening trophy.cfg again then showed the entire trophy.cfg file to have been cleared.

Meaning I'd have to do all scenarios again????

Help! :)

If I'm not mistaken, that file is created by Python's 'pickle' module which serializes objects. Thus, it is not 'just' text and you cannot 'just' edit the file and expect it to work. More than likely, the game tried to load the file you edited and failed and thus went back to the default blank state.

So yeah, your progress is lost.

I know this is an oldish thread, but just in case others have this problem, the file is absolutely ONLY text. Your mistake is in making a bad assumption.

You assume the syntax is

p6
I1

It is different actually:

p6
I1

easy to make this error

I1 or I0 are probably the paths that were taken. I cant say for sure but I know that some have a I0 classification.

Hope this helps..

here is a start if you have a blank trophy file. Should be plenty to get you started ;)

(dp1
S'TROPHY_WB_BLOOD_OF_ANGELS'
p2
I1
sS'TROPHY_FEAT_INTRODUCTION'
p3
I1
sS'description'
p4
S'store trophies value'
p5
sS'TROPHY_WB_INTO_THE_DESERT'