Carthage Mountain Bug

Leminnes

Chieftain
I'm not 100% sure if this counts as a bug, but it is certainly annoying.

If you choose Carthage as your Civ, they can walk over mountains, however they lose 50 health each time they rest on said mountains. Well, if you set workers to automate their improvements, they seem to not know any better and die ALL THE TIME from Attrition. Basically, they rest on mountains continuously and kill themselves. It was super obnoxious last game I played, so it'd be nice if it was changed.

how about manually manage your workers? :confused:

That's besides the point. I was just playing a quick game for fun and I didn't want to have to deal with telling workers what to do each time they finished.

It's a feature in the game, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that Carthage workers be a little more intelligent about what tiles they rest on when automated.

Sorry for the double reply, but do you want an autosave while they're getting killed, or just one at any time? I know how to easily replicate it.

Probably one at any time immediately before they go and kill themselves would be good.

Hmm, okay, that will take a bit to find (as Civ V seems to take FOREVER to load.) So, I will post tomorrow when I find one.

2nd'ing this.
Had a game with Carthage on a continents map and became the runaway civ on my continent, so had workers (an other units) run up and down the continent all the time. When I would let my units choose their own route to the destination, they would go for the quickest route, even if that involved ending the turn on a mountain.

Alright, I spent WAY too long yesterday trying to find a good save for this. I can't seem to find one right before they get killed. Can I just post one towards the middle of the game? You should be able to just run it for 10-20 turns and replicate the bug.

If this is confirmed I bet the AI Carthage suffer from the same problem. Maybe worse if it's regular units do the same.
What if you automate scouting?

has this been discussed further or elsewhere? i just saw a carthage worker on a mountain.

If this is confirmed I bet the AI Carthage suffer from the same problem. Maybe worse if it's regular units do the same.
What if you automate scouting?

I can confirm that I have observed AI carthage having their workers suiciding on mountains, figured this was well-known by now.

This is also true of long distance movement. If you order a unit some place more than 1 turn away, it preferentially uses mountains and then your units die before they reach their destination unless you only move them one turn at a time. SUUUUUUPER frustrating when you have a large army you are moving to invade a distant power

Top Bottom