Cartier Island - Great 1 vs 1 Map

dharms

Chieftain
Cartier Island – Equal 1 vs 1

Cartier Island is a real island about 300 km off the northwest coast of Austrailia in the Indian Ocean. A flat reef encompasses the 167 sq. km oasis. The size and shape of this tiny map is perfect for a great 1 vs 1 match. I have placed 4 possible start locations to provide some randomness (you won’t know where your opponent is for say 10 – 20 turns.) But wherever you start you will have roughly equal land, strategic resources and luxuries. Your sea game could be a big factor too. There is no x or y wrap, no ice caps – sorry.

I’ve played several times at diety level against ai, both won and lost, fine tuned, cut down… It was fun every time. I need a human opponent now! Any takers?

Four players could use it for a close quarters game but I think that the map will really shine in a 1 vs 1! I designed it with elimination in mind, but a longer non-elimination could be more fun.

Sorry that the island's resources are not accurate, iron, horses and ivory are more useful than tortoise and sea shells! There are a lot of fish though, (got that right.)

As a political statement I could have left a few cruise missiles laying about since the island was used for bombing practice at one point in time!

Any feed back is welcome. Enjoy and may the best win!

Dave (Thumpper)

Attachments

• cartier island - equal map for 1vs1.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 148
Floodplain!
Sorry that I didn't have reef tiles.

Everyone is a critic!

Thanks for the input anyway Clam. You should know I guess.

Dave:cool:

I think that the reef being flood plain is a good idea because you really can't get over alot of reefs, and some like the ones that make up atols are covered in sand which could easly be replicated as desert. But i know nothing of this island so it might not be the best choice to make so much flood plain. If it was me i would at least use a little. Any way great job a little big for a quick one on one but good for a time waster or strategically played game.

Top Bottom