• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Catch 22 w/ Improvements that Allow City Size 2

SayHayKid

Warlord
The naval aspects of Civ 3, as we all know, are pretty underwhelming. I am trying to flesh it out a bit by adding more naval techs, improvements, and units to my mod. One of my ideas didn't go as planned. In the ancient era, the plan looked like this:

Harbor (+ food in water) --> Port (allow water trade, increased water trade, and allow city size 2) --> Shipyard (veteran sea and more shields in water)

But there was a problem ... coastal cities next to rivers that can grow beyond size 6 couldn't build ports and subsequently couldn't build shipyards, commercial docks, offshore platforms, and modern ships. Doh!

I liked the idea of having Ports allowing cities to grow beyond six due to the trading of goods, foods, etc., but I didn't anticipate the side effects. Sometimes ideas are good on the spreadsheet, but in the game .... Luckily it was not a major hitch in my plans, just a minor hiccup.

Maybe that's not a big problem? IMO coastal cities with rivers would be too overpowered.

However, you can make port counterpart that would just require aqueduct. What do you think?

Top Bottom