Catherine Rules!

manu-fan

Emperor
Hi,

Playing Catherine is my absolute favorite right now. +2 culture (creative) means I don't need to worry about building monuments or Stonehenge. Also, getting fast settlers (Imperialistic) means getting a few cities up and running quickly.

So, you've got a great early start. Expand, then start war. You get Great Generals quicker for your chariot MASH units.

After the early/mid-game, make sure you are the first to Liberalism, and take Nationalism. Then, fill in Guilds (if needed), Gunpowder, and then go for Military Tradition. Once you have this, the full power of the Russian empire comes crashing down on your opponents in the form of Cossacks!!!! They are truly outstanding in Warlords.

So, I decided to play an Earth like map, with Catherine. I chose custom game, and Terra, and 16 Civs on a Huge map. I decided to try Marathon for the first time ever. I didn't want to play Pangea, because I wanted a bit of Naval intrigue also.

Funny thing is that over time, I started meeting all the other Civs. I started counting up, and eventually had met all the other 15. WTF? Well, we are all on one big landmass!! Yeah, very Earth like :rolleyes:

Well, after a while, after beating up on Huana Capac, and Ragnor, it looked like Ghandi and Mansa were out-teching me. I beelined for Liberalism, keeping an eye for if they were getting the necessary techs. However, stupid AI, they went for things like Compass and Optics, instead of Paper and Education etc. I won the race to Liberalism fairly easily, while neither of them had bothered to research Education!

Anyway. I have now wiped out (and vassalized) Ghnadi, done the same to Mansa Musa now that I have Cossacks, and am out-teching everyone and heading for a Space Race victory (I have Domination turned off).

BTW: I play on Noble. Yeah I know. I could move up to Prince, but I'm having so much fun pounding Civs into the ground!

Cheers.

The whole point of the Terra map is that you have an 'old world' where all the civs are and a 'new world' where you'll just find barbarians. The other civs beelining for optics is probably cos they want to discover the new world continent. Usually some resources are only to be found there.

Wow. I didn't know that. It just said 'Earth like' in the description. Thanks. I guess I'll go continents next time (seeing as the earth has continents :)).

Cheers.

Top Bottom