Caveman2Cosmos v43 Player Guide

Is it at all advisable to turn on the C2C combat mechanics mid-game in worldbuilder? I originally had it off, but I'm coming to realise that the size matters option is really designed around it and larger armies will be too easy to defeat under the normal rules.
Back when it was made, yeah that would've been a catastrophic choice that would've led to crashes (and wasn't possible through wb yet) but maybe someone stabilized that since then. Not likely though because units still don't recalculate fully so I wouldn't advise it.

Not sure where to ask this, but how the **** do I undo this? I have no idea how I even did this.
Spoiler Weird Angle :
1672882498371.png

Okay, I thought that was the shortcut, but every time I tried that it rotated right back to the same weird angle.

I just loaded a save, it fixed itself.

I just upgraded to v42 from v41 and have noticed that I cant rush multiple buildings with supply units anymore, and I cant change a city's production output in the worldbuilder either? Were these intentional changes? I like to create scenarios for myself by letting the world evolve, so it's kind of gamebreaking for me. Not a big deal, I can always go back to v41, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

I just upgraded to v42 from v41 and have noticed that I cant rush multiple buildings with supply units anymore, and I cant change a city's production output in the worldbuilder either? Were these intentional changes? I like to create scenarios for myself by letting the world evolve, so it's kind of gamebreaking for me. Not a big deal, I can always go back to v41, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks!
Are you able to rush a building, then ctrl select to put another building at the beginning of the queue, then rush that one? Or is even that trick disabled? There was some work done that would impact this realm a bit but it was to close some loopholes that could give unfair free production.

Are you able to rush a building, then ctrl select to put another building at the beginning of the queue, then rush that one? Or is even that trick disabled? There was some work done that would impact this realm a bit but it was to close some loopholes that could give unfair free production.
I'm not sure, I'll give it, a try, thanks!

I'm very sure that I've posted this on the wrong place (sorry), but si couldn't find where to post it.

Could someone explain a little about the Military Standard buildings/rewards? And one other question, is it possible to "squire" more than one continent culture (eg. European AND North American)?

Thanks

I'm very sure that I've posted this on the wrong place (sorry), but si couldn't find where to post it.

Could someone explain a little about the Military Standard buildings/rewards? And one other question, is it possible to "squire" more than one continent culture (eg. European AND North American)?

Thanks
You need to capture enough (number varies based on your current game parameters) cities with C.L. (LOCAL) buildings of that other continental culture, then you get C.Ad. (ADOPTED) of it in your capital and can build C.L.s of it yourself in your other (connected) cities.
It's not that intuitive for games where you need to capture several C.L.s, I admit.
If anything, I wait until I can literally see inside the enemy cities (via enough Espionage), so that I'm sure they have a C.L. built already (it's not a very high priority for AI).
Otherwise, you can literally capture the entire world and NOT get a single new continental culture, because AI simply wasn't building C.L.s yet, lol.
You can also get a free automatic European culture specifically by building Ellis Island, but it's so far into the future that it kinda almost doesn't count.

You need to capture enough (number varies based on your current game parameters) cities with C.L. (LOCAL) buildings of that other continental culture, then you get C.Ad. (ADOPTED) of it in your capital and can build C.L.s of it yourself in your other (connected) cities.
It's not that intuitive for games where you need to capture several C.L.s, I admit.
If anything, I wait until I can literally see inside the enemy cities (via enough Espionage), so that I'm sure they have a C.L. built already (it's not a very high priority for AI).
Otherwise, you can literally capture the entire world and NOT get a single new continental culture, because AI simply wasn't building C.L.s yet, lol.
You can also get a free automatic European culture specifically by building Ellis Island, but it's so far into the future that it kinda almost doesn't count.
It should be enough to capture one city with CL, and the build your new settlers in that city. I think built settlers carry all cultures from their city.

It should be enough to capture one city with CL, and the build your new settlers in that city. I think built settlers carry all cultures from their city.
Or that, indeed.
But it's not always the better solution, depending on what type of a game you are playing.
For one "weird" example, it could be somehow better to capture enough cities, get the CAd (and a CL) in your capital, and then... just eliminate (or give away) those cities.
That way, you still gain a new basic culture, yet you aren't saddled with a bunch of cities that hinder your economy for one reason or another.
Like I said - it heavily depends on what type of a game you are playing, ya know.

Was proving too balance overwhelming. HAD to be harder to collect cultures because with how many we have, and each one bringing heroes and all those game wondrous benefits, it was a major source of added steamroll effect. Not that some players care - some LIKE that. But most players whine when the game is no challenge.

Was proving too balance overwhelming. HAD to be harder to collect cultures because with how many we have, and each one bringing heroes and all those game wondrous benefits, it was a major source of added steamroll effect. Not that some players care - some LIKE that. But most players whine when the game is no challenge.
Nope, this new system was introduced, because vanilla unique unit and building system was removed.

That's not what he's talking about.
He simply pointed out that it's technically enough to capture ONE city with a new CL, then you can spam Settlers from THAT city until you have the required amount of CLs in those new cities.
To which I said that it's a rather stupidly inefficient METHOD of getting a new base culture, because it means you're spamming cities that you quite possibly wouldn't want in the first place.
Or at least that's how it works for me - I totally hate micromanaging, so this would burden me with a dozen cities that only existed as CL sources, yet would need at least some management.
I much rather prefer reducing my wasting time and resources like this to the absolute minimum, lol.

Nope, this new system was introduced, because vanilla unique unit and building system was removed.
Not the latest thing Toffer did to restrict the culture assimilation feature - unique unit and building system was removed because it was way heavier than needed from a memory perspective and years beforehand Hydro had decided we'd stop using it to 'replace' units and buildings. After Sparth's HUGE new culture dump, we had way too many heroes flooding the leader and hardly any for those trying to catch up, creating tons of additional steamroll effect that had to be addressed, therefore, the answer was to make assimilation much more difficult.

Not the latest thing Toffer did to restrict the culture assimilation feature - unique unit and building system was removed because it was way heavier than needed from a memory perspective and years beforehand Hydro had decided we'd stop using it to 'replace' units and buildings. After Sparth's HUGE new culture dump, we had way too many heroes flooding the leader and hardly any for those trying to catch up, creating tons of additional steamroll effect that had to be addressed, therefore, the answer was to make assimilation much more difficult.
Raxo is not entirely wrong, I changed it as part of the removal of the buildingclass and unitclass game objects, which were integral to both how civ-unique unit/buildings worked (we didn't use this in C2C) and to how the base cultures were assigned to civs (this was a C2C feature in use).

You are right though that having practically one buildingclass per building and one unitclass per unit was an unnecessarily heavy system seeing as it was in C2C at the time only used for differentiation civs from one another through the base culture designation.

Top Bottom