Caveman2Cosmos

a bit of advice for those having trouble in middle-late games
1. play non european and build ellis island wonder , you will get some 20 extra cultures
2.kill as many enemy commanders,rogues etc they are barbarian like ,return the chiefs to your troop town ,make them commanders and insert into town for xp
3.use generals for extra buildings not xp
4. every new era get new units to control disease and crime , i use 2 new units/city per era for example surgeon and sheriffs and park rangers.
5.spread out ore furnaces to reduce fire risk , max 3 per city
6.build multiple units fast using alt+click on unit , i seen as many as 40 units built in one city/turn
7.get heroic 2 promotions
8. heroes are best used as Great noble for extra GP
9.if your units have less than 101 xp when built , your doing it wrong

How do i get the multi build turned on again? Stupid thing doesnt work and there is no option in the pre game options

How do i get the multi build turned on again? Stupid thing doesnt work and there is no option in the pre game options

BUG options, forgot which tab though.

It is on by default now. However if you played another mod before c2C you need to "Play Now" and discard, then play as normal. I haven't got round to making sure the defaults are always set for custom games or when loading saves.

a new tip i just discovered
when enabling multiple traits for leaders
it actually allows you to build all the buildings you want
since you go 100 or 95% on culture cuz you need 1.5 billion culture to get the 6th bonus trait.
i assume you need 15 billion culture for the 7th but havent tried yet.
also , industrious trait is very bad , i avoid it since it brings automatic pollution.

I just reinstalled Civ IV and i'm currently downloading C2C v33 (torrent works great), can't wait to try it :)

There's a serious bug with this version. Attempting to access the BUG Option causes the game to freeze and crash.

@strategyonly,

one question:

Is there any chance or even plan, to include units, wonders and religions from
World War II 1939 Mod or Walkuere Mod ?

I would like to create a Scenario with all the possibilities of C2C (terrain, gameplay, surround and destroy, etc.) on this - especially on a giant map with a possible continued timline in modern times.

If not, do you have a guideline for me to include those things in my personal C2C.

Btw happy Christmas and thanks for your reply.

Regards

onkelm

@strategyonly,

one question:

Is there any chance or even plan, to include units, wonders and religions from
World War II 1939 Mod or Walkuere Mod ?

I would like to create a Scenario with all the possibilities of C2C (terrain, gameplay, surround and destroy, etc.) on this - especially on a giant map with a possible continued timline in modern times.

If not, do you have a guideline for me to include those things in my personal C2C.

Btw happy Christmas and thanks for your reply.

Regards

onkelm

First off thx for asking, but i have no idea what those mods have let alone know what
they are for.

You can make modmod's here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=464

maps and scenarios here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=459

Hi,

your links are very good, never recognized them, thanks.

The Mods are about World War 2 Scenarios, so they have a lot of detailed units of several countrys - time between 1930 and 1950.

Walküre is another Mod of Road to War.

I was asking, because C2C is still missing historical Scenarios.

With those Units, Wonders, etc. I would try to create one with C2C on a gigantic World map.

I have done myself a lots of changes on the original maps.

Is there a chance ?

Regards OnkelM

Hi,

your links are very good, never recognized them, thanks.

The Mods are about World War 2 Scenarios, so they have a lot of detailed units of several countrys - time between 1930 and 1950.

Walküre is another Mod of Road to War.

I was asking, because C2C is still missing historical Scenarios.

With those Units, Wonders, etc. I would try to create one with C2C on a gigantic World map.

I have done myself a lots of changes on the original maps.

Is there a chance ?

Regards OnkelM

In those area i linked to you can do what ever you want and as MANY as you want, its YOUR stuff, so have at it to your hearts content, just make sure they go INTO these sections also, thx. Otherwise they wont be authorized . thx. ... SO

Hi I recently upgraded to .33 and I'm struggling with a couple of things.
hopefully someone here can help :)

I'm playing as England on a huge terra map and I have a source of iron and have just researched smithing but I still can't build swordsmen, the civpedia says that iron and smithing are the only requirements, have I missed something or is it a bug?

The other thing is that invisible rogue agents are making my life hell, wandering freely through my territory killing workers and settlers at will :aargh:how do I get rid of them?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi I recently upgraded to .33 and I'm struggling with a couple of things.
hopefully someone here can help :)

I'm playing as England on a huge terra map and I have a source of iron and have just researched smithing but I still can't build swordsmen, the civpedia says that iron and smithing are the only requirements, have I missed something or is it a bug?

The other thing is that invisible rogue agents are making my life hell, wandering freely through my territory killing workers and settlers at will :aargh:how do I get rid of them?

Thanks in advance for any help

In C2C (these days) the map resource is Iron Ore, but you need to refine it into Ingots and then Wares before Swordsmen can use it.

The invisible units situation (in a nutshell:crazyeye:) is this:
- your invisible units can see them, and so can your dog units
- as long as one of your units can see them, any of your units can attack them.
- once they are in your city, there is no way to shift them. You can try to tempt them out with workers or whatever, but that's all you can do

So you need dogs or ambushers in all your cities, and maybe a few on your borders too. Rogues and ambushers are fairly easy to kill once you can see them. Any 5-strength unit tends to have good odds against them (iirc).

For the same reason, workers accompanied by a 5-strength unit are generally safe from them.

Later on the Rogues are replaced by strength-8 Assassins, but by then you should have strength-10 units and multiple Shock promo units to counter them.

In C2C (these days) the map resource is Iron Ore, but you need to refine it into Ingots and then Wares before Swordsmen can use it.

The invisible units situation (in a nutshell:crazyeye:) is this:
- your invisible units can see them, and so can your dog units
- as long as one of your units can see them, any of your units can attack them.
- once they are in your city, there is no way to shift them. You can try to tempt them out with workers or whatever, but that's all you can do

So you need dogs or ambushers in all your cities, and maybe a few on your borders too. Rogues and ambushers are fairly easy to kill once you can see them. Any 5-strength unit tends to have good odds against them (iirc).

For the same reason, workers accompanied by a 5-strength unit are generally safe from them.

Later on the Rogues are replaced by strength-8 Assassins, but by then you should have strength-10 units and multiple Shock promo units to counter them.

Thanks very much Yudishtira, that's made things clear.

Now I know how to deal with those rogues, vengeance shall be mine! :goodjob:

On the other hand, i have noticed you can preserve your thief-rogue-assassin units, finally turning them into regular killing machines. Upgraded to the top, thy can bring havoc to a less advanced army, particularly if they travel in a pair. Don't sacrifice your rogue units, they are killers :)

I've been waiting for something in IV to be as epic as Rise and Rule was, and I see it's been built however, I have some concerns and curious if anyone knows how to go about fixing it.

My machine is an i7 quad core with hyper threading, it has 4 additional cores, 32 gigs of ram, and a 2gb nvidia mid to high graphics card (670 series)

Now I can blow thru a civ 3 rise and rule game to the very end on the largest of settings, I didn't try "that" large on this one but I've tried close to it, however;

Every so often I still get a NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp error, I've checked into it and it says to lower graphic settings, however that's been with people having baby computers to mine. I was curious if that really is the only way around this error, is there some way to dedicate more RAM or use a 64bit emulation in someway for it so it all gets processed easier?

I'm currently in the medieval age and I like starting as minor civs, but later realized I was getting stomped once a competitor game by with his swordsmen to my obsidian units, luckily a little diplomacy and I got through with it.

I notice someone mentioned the shift click idea... explains why my treasury is insane but wondered how the AI was building so fast... makes sense now. Ready to kick arse knowing that now.

I "was" going to go for a cheat and remove some threats with the world builder but that gave an instant crash. I usually end up with a memory failure but my task manager usually only says Civ IV is using about 3GBs of ram or 10% of my available total. So again just wondering if anyone knows how to adjust that, many thanks!

BUMP.

I was expecting to see the new release here, by now. When is it due? :) ;)

The place we usually post our mod to has changed its rules. We are working out who owns the page and how they can give access to others so we can upload it.

Top Bottom