1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman2Cosmos

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by strategyonly, Oct 26, 2011.

1. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Well yeah. There is a Mods folder for vanilla Civ IV (your_install_directory\Mods), and a Mods folder for Beyond the Sword (your_install_directory\Beyond the Sword\Mods).
    There is a separate one for Warlords too (your_install_directory\Warlords\Mods).
    You have to copy each mod into the Mods folder of the version you are using it with.

2. Playsoneasy

Playsoneasy Chieftain

Can I just say how awesome this mod is? :king:

I've just downloaded and installed the mod and had a quick half hour playthrough and all I can say is - wow, just wow.

Thanks everybody for your hard work. :thumbsup:

3. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Welcome to C2C.

And thanks for your support. The modders will really appreciate it. :)

Playsoneasy likes this.
  4. PxlRenegade

PxlRenegade Chieftain

Hi, first time here also. This mod really Rocks! There is an amazing amount of work that has been done! Congrats! As an old Civ gamer, this mod revived my interest :)

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread (noob on forums :undecide:), but I would like to mention some thoughts, as sometimes I'm puzzled by the way the Cultures concept is used with the various world wonders. And to explain what I mean, I really like the cultures idea brought into C2C, it is an amazing progress to the game, but I think it has a lot more to offer in optimizing some shortcomings of the original Civ games. Say I play with Japan. If I understood correctly, if the place on the map where I establish one of my cities has certain prerequisites that are required for the Greek culture, I can build the Greek culture. That means I will be able to have access to various Greek culture goodies like Japanese-Greek Hoplites etc. To me that sounds strange. But it isn't that bad as to being able to built the Parthenon as Japan. That sounds totally weird. What I mean is that any civ in an alternate history scenario would perhaps be able, given certain conditions, to reproduce a world wonder equivalent of the Parthenon, yet, still, it wouldn't have been The Parthenon. Each of the World Wonders is unique and was built under specific conditions only under a specific civ. To make it short, what I'm trying to propose is maybe a way of having historic world wonders being built only by their respective civs-cultures and other civs that meet the same criteria to be given a choice to built an equivalent world wonder, but with the option of naming it themselves, since there never was anything like that historically. Maybe the cultures concept can be used in that way!

Having said that, another idea crossed my mind when I went and built the Hagia Sophia. In the video it shows as if it was designed from the very beginning with minarets, while it's known (apparently not that very well) that it was first built as a Christian church, with the Minarets added much later by the Turks when they converted it to a Mosque. So, how about having the ability to convert religious buildings according to state religion if you want?

Just some more ideas... on this very nice mod :goodjob:

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The problem with this idea for Great Wonders is that they would not be World wonders but national wonders if more than one nation can build it.

If you want the same building but with different names and still a Great Wonder it may be possible given existing XML to achieve. Rats no, that could only be based on your starting nation not any Cultures you build :(

Having a building have a different name and image based on criteria in the current game is beyond us at the moment. Although it is something C2C would like to do as the Cultures were intended to replace the starting Nations having the nation name coming from the Culture names.

6. armenia4ever

armenia4ever Chieftain

Hey guys.

I just wanted to thank you for the tremendous amount of time, effort, and investment you've put into this mod over the years. I discovered c2c about two years ago, and it blows me away and how this mod has turned civ 4 into something truly unique. I created an account on here just so I could mention my thanks. I can't think of playing this game any other way now.

7. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Welcome to C2C. :)

8. princeofarfon

princeofarfon Chieftain

Another thing about the 2014 build I'm finishing up before moving to the latest: were the unique units/buildings/whatever for the Dieselpunk and Atompunk techs implemented yet in 2014? And if not, have they been by now? Because while my campaign has made great use of clock and steampunk units, I found nothing with the these other two techs. Even the Sevopedia shows nothing.

Same with the Multiple Production feature -- in this campaign, I've never seen this feature work as advertised. I've dozens of super high production cities that can make almost anything in one turn, but no matter how many 1-turn productions I queue up, it still takes a separate turn for each one. Was it not fully implemented in 2014? Is it now?

Just curious, as it's bugged me for a long time. I don't really mind for this campaign, I just hope this stuff will be working in the latest versions.

Ditto! Even Civ5 I finally uninstalled, even though I love it and it has some great mods too. But C2C keeps me coming back all the time.

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Dieselpunk now has units but Atompunk doesn't. It probably needs someone to suggest units and units graphics again to get a modder on to it. ;)

Multiple production is working in the current version.

10. armenia4ever

armenia4ever Chieftain

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to have your outlaw, partisan, assassin, etc units target specific civs via an automated setting? For instance I want my partisans to harass and attack the next biggest civ next to me, but not the others who I'm trying to build up to eventually act as a buffer.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Sounds like a great idea. Pity someone hadn't thought of it earlier, so no it is not available at this time.

12. PxlRenegade

PxlRenegade Chieftain

Hi, amazed by the amount of work you do here (almost daily updates!). I just have a few things I'd like to mention while I progress in the game. I'm still in the middle ages :)

I see there are some C2C Cultures (like Epirus, Athenian...) that only require culture European. Yet, I can't find a way to build them. Am I missing something here?

Another thing I noticed is when you try to found Christianity, you need to develop Theology first, which is reasonable. But then you end up being able to built buildings like The Hagia Sophia, (which historically was built as the first major Christian Cathedral in the world), without ever founding Christianity! I do see that for the Holy See Library there is a specific mention that it requires Christianity. But not for the Hagia Sophia.

Also having Byzantine culture not requiring Christianity doesn't make sense either. Byzantine is actually a made up term by historians to refer to the Christianized Roman Empire era, after Constantine the Great established Christianity as the official State religion of the empire. So again, you should not be able to get Byzantine culture without Christianity.

I really like the social aspects simulation of city life (crime, disease etc.)! I want to see how that progresses as I move on!

Is there any financial simulation (besides the corporations) for the modern era, that simulates globalization and the financial markets that lend money to all the countries, with country defaults that can cause global economic crisis etc...? That would be very interesting!

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Some cultures are still works in progress.

Not everything in the mod has the goal of historical replication. There's a lot that's open to mixing and matching and historical retelling. In part, this is also a balance factor. Would Christianity get a balance edge over other religions if we added the Hagia Sophia as a dedicated religious wonder for Christianity? Even if it wouldn't, if we did that for all world wonders related to Christianity, would that make Christianity imbalanced? Already a lot of other religions need improving to bring them up to snuff.

Meh... not yet. It would be interesting, also very argument inspiring ;) We might eventually look deeper at this kind of thing.

14. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Official release Version 38, 16 Feb 18, 3:33 am

15. PribinaGM900

PribinaGM900 Chieftain

Hi there, I would like to ask for help, everytime I load a new game it immediatly crushes. I even try a tiny maps, then it finished loading and show up a playscreen but crush after anyway.
    I downloaded v37 and have BTS 3.19 version via steam.
    Sorry for posting here if its not the right place.
    Hope you know how to solve it.

Attached Files:

16. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

v38.1 is now patched and ready for downloading . .

17. Imaus

Imaus King

I like the additions, and I finally have a computer to run C2C smoothly...but I'm getting that darn UI bug (No UI at all). My CIV is from Steam, maybe that affects it?

18. plasmacannon

plasmacannon Emperor

I downloaded the new 38.1 version to 2 computers that meet the min specs, same win10 OS, but get an OOS before turn 50 using Direct IP.
    Has a work around been figured out yet or is this mod unplayable in multiplayer?

19. aguuugw

aguuugw Chieftain

I don't know if this thread is the right place to post this, but I am having an issue... I just launched a new game of C2C, and there are a bunch of alerts at the top of the screen, they say "BugOptions - failed writing INI file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\2k Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\UserSettings\here it is something different each time" they don't seem to be affecting the game, which is working fine, but I just started so they might be affecting something I can't see yet and also they are extremely annoying and persist the whole time I am playing the game, I can't figure out how to make them go away. I would appreciate some help. I am playing Caveman2Cosmos V36

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

make sure you are running as an administrator. Check through the list of starting issues in the player's guide too if you have more problems or if it persists.