Ce Acatl Topiltzin of the Toltecs 3, Era-specific 3d animated leaderhead with pcxs

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword

The greatest ruler of the Toltecs was Ce Acatl Topiltzin who was renowned for being the leader and high priest of Quetzacoatl at the time when Tula and the Empire were established. According to Toltec legend, Tezatlipoca's followers drove Topiltzin and the followers of Quetzalcoatl out of the city around 1000 AD. They fled south, where they were able to defeat the Maya at the city of Chichen Itza, and take it for their own. An interesting twist in Topiltzin's legend is that he vowed to return to Tula from the east in one of his sacred years and take his vengeance. This legend lived all the way to the time of the Aztecs, who attributed the arrival of the Spanish as the return of Topiltzin, an event that they feared greatly.

Now this legendary ruler is now ready to rumble in your Civ3 game!

Download here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3754&act=down

Only small issue I have is that in industrial and modern eras, he looks like his clothes are a few sizes too big. Other than that, you have done an excellent job. The skintone came out good. Clothes and props in ancient and medeival eras looks great. Lastly, I like the hair style he is given in industrial and modern eras.

This is great :goodjob: ! The modern and industrial eras look a little grainy, but that might just be the preview.

This is by far your best LH. Glad you decided to make him. Love the slick look of the modern age. He can't be trusted! :lol:

I have to agree with Shiro. You've done a leaderhead which shows a very good improvement on your previous works, but, probably due rushing a little bit, you've ended up with a leaderhead you could have done better with, particularly in the industrial era. For me, that era spoils what elsewhere ain't a bad job, mister!

On a positive note, you're improving well. Making a good leaderhead become a really good leaderhead also depends on the outfits and backgrounds. The face is quite good. The hair in the latter eras is very good. I like the style of the modern era, but I'm not sure about the background, though that could just be my taste.

I think also that the pyramid in the ancient era is placed exactly where you need to place it. It's very well done; I'd suggest that the industrial era background shows the pyramid in the wrong place in terms of leaderhead making. Look at what you've done in era one and try to think about how much better that looks than era three, how much more dynamic it looks. That might help you when you're placing your backgrounds in future leaderheads.

One final observation is that we only seem to see "happy" previews of your leaderheads; maybe you could show the "neutral" and "angry" faces in some eras?

I love the backgrounds, especially the era 4 one, although it is a little squashed. I love all the eras except for the industrial one. The clothes are just weird, they don't seem to fit, and they look kind of plastic. If you could find a better prop for that era, you would have an awesome leaderhead!

This is much better than the previous verison, but there's just one little problem -where's his eyebrows??? :lol:

Top Bottom