[GS] Central Banks

cknwo

Chieftain
The Central Bank, unlocked after you research Economics. Buildable in either City Square, Commercial hub or Government plaza.

Allows the ability to to borrow or take a loan out against your Empire. Each loan requires gold per turn.
Base the gold amount and requirement of gold per turn on how many commercial buildings you have in the capital or all of your cities in general.

EXAMPLE: 1 Market in capital allows to borrow 500 gold at a rate of 15 GPT over the course of 50 turns.
You end up paying 750 gold in the end, but perhaps you needed the upfront cash for a war that you wouldn't of otherwise won.

As more commercial hub buildings get built, the lower GPT requirements and higher the amount borrowed.

If someone really wanted to get in depth you could add other parameters that make it more risky. Example: If too much housing is available the rate of GPT requirement would go up. Reflecting oversupply in housing market and a housing crash. And/or your citizens are unhappy by a certain degree and the GPT requirement would go up as well. I think if adding greater risks, then would have to increase the reward as well.

I think this mod would represent a more modern and Western style of government where cash flow is more readily accessible short term. Again there should be risks involved and not suitable for all investors- in that case you should stick with the gold standard. :lol:

Along with the idea above, you could have a IMF / international monetary fund or call it world bank.

It could be voted upon in congress and/or have strict requirements.

-The world bank has to have a gpt threshold say example minimum 200/gpt
-gold amounts to be loaned could be far greater than domestic Central banks
-Can set parameters of bank loan to other civs/countries. Example adding collatorol like cities.
-countries in default would receive a grevience per turn until loan is paid in full. Ending in a congress vote that could mean severe sanctions.
-cant go to war with world bank country while loan is active or in default (unless world bank declares on you for being in default for too long)

The whole problem with our world is world banks!! Now we are putting the corrupt IMF in the game? I think you guys are crazy copying the very thing that is controlling our world. :lol:

haha definitely. to initiate the world bank you need to recruit Mayer Amschel Rothschild great merchant :lol:

omg silly hilarious! :lol:Though I doubt I will be using it, I want money gone! Very cool mod though seriously it should be put in the game. Civ mimics about everything else why not. :D

Then that's why you stick to the gold standard w/ Ron Paul as your alternate leader. :crazyeye:

No how about no dang leaders! I do not need a ruler, why would you want a leader for? I am my own leader and perfectly happy with it. Ron Paul is a good man but he is no better then anyone else. Politics is the issue with the entire world. Enough said.. good luck I hope someone makes the mod. :p

No how about no dang leaders! I do not need a ruler, why would you want a leader for? I am my own leader and perfectly happy with it. Ron Paul is a good man but he is no better then anyone else. Politics is the issue with the entire world. Enough said.. good luck I hope someone makes the mod. :p
Thanks, but I doubt anyone will. No one takes requests in this community, even if offered to pay. *shrug*

Thanks, but I doubt anyone will. No one takes requests in this community, even if offered to pay. *shrug*
Perhaps, not to make a mod from scratch, but I've found over the years that if you make an effort to try and learn how to do it yourself there are plenty of individuals willing to answer questions and help out.

That is a nice positive outlook thanks Laurana ;) Although I am not a young pup I am 64 years old myself, I want a map script made and willing to pay for it. I do not want to try and learn how to code it myself, that would be insane for me at my age.

Top Bottom