Change difficulty on existing map?

Chas

Chieftain
I have a BC-4000 BTS map that I know is OK. and was created on Prince level. Is there any way that I can change this to e.g. Monarch level?

World Builder does not seem to allow this, though I don't really ever use it, so maybe I am missing something.

You can open the 4000BC save in worldbuilder and save it, then open it up as a scenario and pick a different difficulty level.

Keep in mind: you'll find out who everyone in the game is, when you save/load, it wipes out all progress on builds/techs, and most importantly, people start with whatever they would originally. So if you start a game on prince, save and open the scenario in Monarch, players don't start with archery or archers.

Thanks.

So the only difference between what I would get and a genuine Monarch game is the starting techs for the AI civs, and their starting units? I guess that I can look up somewhere what these would be.

Because although I've never done it, I think I have seen in World Builder that you can assign techs, and I'm sure you can assign units.

Top Bottom