Change Music in Civ5

bergrar

Warlord
how can i change the music? can i rename files of music of civ5 and switch them with my personal music?or there is some kind of play list hidden in some files?
any help or hint will bne a lot appreciated :)

OK, I've successfully replaced the main menu theme song with a random music from another game. In this case the theme music from the game "Red Alert". The game uses .ogg files, but I can confirm .mp3 works too. To replace the opening music, or leader music, be sure your track has the exact same name as the track you want to replace. I don't know if replacing background music requires you to rename the songs or not, as I am too lazy to put in a lot of effort!

Oh, btw. Don't change Elizabeth's peace music. It's so awesome! Go listen to it now!

You can change the filenames in \civ 5 install dir\Assets\Sounds\XML\AsiaAudioDefines.xml
Replace Asia with the other realms as well.

OK, I've successfully replaced the main menu theme song with a random music from another game. In this case the theme music from the game "Red Alert". The game uses .ogg files, but I can confirm .mp3 works too. To replace the opening music, or leader music, be sure your track has the exact same name as the track you want to replace. I don't know if replacing background music requires you to rename the songs or not, as I am too lazy to put in a lot of effort!

Oh, btw. Don't change Elizabeth's peace music. It's so awesome! Go listen to it now!

You can change the filenames in \civ 5 install dir\Assets\Sounds\XML\AsiaAudioDefines.xml
Replace Asia with the other realms as well.

This community is so awesome :) thx both for the suggestions, i hope someone will add soon a jukebox to select easy music :king:, i will add the music of gladiator and civ4 main themewith audiodefines.

Related question. Is there any way at all to change music by age? I really miss that feature, it was a mistake to move it. I have some pretty good ideas for what kind of music should play for what age.

Related question. Is there any way at all to change music by age? I really miss that feature, it was a mistake to move it. I have some pretty good ideas for what kind of music should play for what age.

No. It MIGHT be doable with a mod though.

This is one of the things desperately missed from Civ4. It's one of those things that makes Civ5 feel like one step forward, ten steps back. How hard, really, it is to allow music to be played from a folder? Why did I have to give up this feature to play Civ5? Wait, I can do it, but with a manual process of renaming files and moving - oh hell no. I can at least tolerate Rome's music, Egypt's is just awful...

if AudioDefines.xml is the file then perhaps we can set it to change with ages. we have so great modders here.

I'm bumping this thread to thank you guys for the hints and because this is ancient now. Maybe some new users would like to know about it as well :)

As for me, I'm glad I can finally play CIV 5 to some banging drum'n'bass <3

Top Bottom