Change starting Civ difficulty assets

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by numaru7, May 20, 2017.

1. numaru7

numaru7 Chieftain

Hi,

I never made a mod, so i don't know where to start. I just want to modify the amount of units an AI Civ gets in a certain difficulty. I do not want to change the difficulty bonuses that they get (increased production values etc).

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

2. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

The table you are looking for is MajorStartingUnits

3. numaru7

numaru7 Chieftain

The only place i found "majorstartingunits" is in Eras.xml - but that's not logical because i want to modify the assets the AI gets in certain difficulties. I then tried to look into Difficulties.xml but no such luck. Could you explain this in more details?

4. numaru7

numaru7 Chieftain

oh wait.. i think i found it in eras.xml. it should be this one: <Row Era="ERA_ANCIENT" Unit="UNIT_SETTLER" AiOnly="true" MinDifficulty="DIFFICULTY_EMPEROR" DifficultyDelta="0.5"/> if for example i don't want the AI over Emperor diff to get an extra settler when starting in Ancient era.

5. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

Yes, inside the <MajorStartingUnits> opening tag. The xml files are loaded into the game's embedded sqlite databases on startup. You shouldn't touch the xml in the game's install directory, instead make a mod the modify the table you want to change. It just so happens I already made a mod to do what you're looking for.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906205258