Changes in rules (BIC) file for patch 1.17

Originally posted by Ed Cogburn
Right, I meant I would lower the time length for unhappiness. There isn't a way to stop inherited unhappiness, that's my complaint. Changing the length of time is not a major consideration to me because I don't draft or whip, so the only unhappiness I see, aside from a democracy at war, is from inherited unhappiness from drafting/whipping.

If you don't draft/whip and you lower these values you are giving the AI a massive advantage because they surely will draft/whip.

I've updated the first post to note that Americans cannot upgrade fighters to F-15s. Also, Egyptian War Chariots now upgrade to Horsemen instead of to knights.

I don't know if you have mentioned this, but when you get a city in a Trade, you won't get a Defensive Unit any longer...

You won't get any unit at all...

Originally posted by Grey Fox
I don't know if you have mentioned this, but when you get a city in a Trade, you won't get a Defensive Unit any longer...

You won't get any unit at all...
I didn't know that, thanks.

I've also updated to main post to shaw that the BIC file no longer allows the Greeks to build Pikemen. That makes sense since the Greek Hoplite is identical to a Pikeman, but costs less.

Originally posted by Shaitan

If you don't draft/whip and you lower these values you are giving the AI a massive advantage because they surely will draft/whip.

True perhaps but I don't mind giving the AI an advantage considering how poorly it plays. Besides, I misspoke, I will use whipping in a few situations, but for the most part I get to republic as fast as I can. BTW, do we even know if the AI suffers the same problems with unhappiness? Maybe it cheats here too?

"I've updated the first post to note that Americans cannot upgrade fighters to F-15s"

I really hope that is a bug and not intentional. Americans already had one of the most useless UU's and now everyone else can upgrade and they cant! What is firaxis trying to do, make the americans completely useless???? :mad:

I hope they arent going to do to the american civ what the AoK company did to the Korean civ: they were a very good lategame civ, and a few patches later they were no more than a newbie civ, only useful on newbie maps and few people play them anymore (this may sound strange if you havent played AoK TC) I know this sounds irrelivant but its very similar to what firaxis just did to the american civ.

Firaxis, if its a bug, please fix it soon (americans are my favorite civ), and if its intentional, then it is really messing up civilization balance IMO.

Originally posted by simwiz2
I really hope that is a bug and not intentional. Americans already had one of the most useless UU's and now everyone else can upgrade and they cant! What is firaxis trying to do, make the americans completely useless???? :mad:
I'm pretty sure it was unintentional, and I hope Firaxis will fix it in the next patch. If you don't mind editing the rules, you can fix for yourself by changing the Jet fighter to upgrade to F-15.

"can fix for yourself by changing the Jet fighter to upgrade to F-15."

thanks, i never realised that was possible. When i saw each unit could only upgrade to one other unit i thought UU's would be stuck out of the upgrade chain forever, i never realized making the standard unit go to the UU would complete it. this is definately going to be really helpful.

Originally posted by Nero Would

I've also updated to main post to shaw that the BIC file no longer allows the Greeks to build Pikemen. That makes sense since the Greek Hoplite is identical to a Pikeman, but costs less.

This is good however, why doesn't the Egypt's War Chariot replace horsemen then? I can confirm this since I was playing around once as them for a little while.

Originally posted by Cavalry

This is good however, why doesn't the Egypt's War Chariot replace horsemen then? I can confirm this since I was playing around once as them for a little while.

Because the War Chariot is wheeled and can therefor not move through forests/jungle and hills/mountains that are not roaded.

Originally posted by JoseM

Aluminium "CAN NO" now appear on tundra tiles???????

what does that means?
Oops! Sorry about that. I've edited the original post to fix the typo. With the 1.17f patch, Aluminium can now appear on tundra tiles.

In trying to track down a sequence of crash causes, I have discovered that there is a byte count discrepency between supposedly identical patches from INA. One has a count of 7,705,244 and the other has 7,705,200!! Which one of these should be the correct (i.e. last one released) one? Does anyone know? Infogames will not respond to my enquiry.

In regards to inheriting unhappiness. I was allied to the Romans and took two cities that had been fought over for some time by the Romans and our mutual enemies, the Russians. The cities had had their populations driven down by pop-rushing but they remained unhappy for about 80 turns. Their population was at one and I laboriously built temples and marketplaces to no avail. The cities had access to about 6 luxuries from my trade network. I added my own workers to the cities but they ( German workers!) were unhappy due to the "cruel oppression" I had "borne down upon them". That makes no sense. I flooded the cities with troops under Communism....nothing. I became a democracy but no improvement. One of the cities population finally converted to Germans but still behaved as if they were Roman. I killed the Romans empire off...nothing. Finally I built a settler in both cities to disband the cities. The one that had become German made a German settler and I built a city which could not have been happier! The other turned into a Roman settler which I disbanded, not wanting to risk it. If I pop rush a large number of item in a conquered city I expect them to be mad at me...If I conquer a city and never do that I expect not to be penalized for it. If I must be then it should not last soooo long...come on!

Does anyone know for sure if the air superiority now works for the human player? I've read that it does and seen the computer do it but...

Does the coastal fortress actually work?

Can you prevent resource depletion by not building a road to it or ripping up the road I've got to it already?

Sometimes when the enemy captures my workers deep in my territory they disappear. Are they being disbanded or is the computer cheating and relocating them somehow. It's frustrating that I cannot recapture them.

Why do Cavalry move 3 and tanks only 2 other than to give the Panzer a bonus?

Has anyone noticed a little reframing glich when ships are near the poles? The screen shifts one hex to the left or right. Doesn't impact gameplay but it is odd....

Alright, alright I'm done....

Originally posted by TimR
Does anyone know for sure if the air superiority now works for the human player? I've read that it does and seen the computer do it but...

Yes it does, I have seen my planes shoot down enemy bombers.

Does the coastal fortress actually work?

They do. However they have a very low sucess rate, and you will only be alerted if they actuall hit something.

Can you prevent resource depletion by not building a road to it or ripping up the road I've got to it already?

That seems to be the CW, I have not heard or experienced of any instance where that has been invalidated.

Sometimes when the enemy captures my workers deep in my territory they disappear. Are they being disbanded or is the computer cheating and relocating them somehow. It's frustrating that I cannot recapture them.

The computer probably just executed them. It has been known to do that to any non-combatent that it captures that it believes it will loose easily.

Why do Cavalry move 3 and tanks only 2 other than to give the Panzer a bonus?

Have no clue about that, guess it is some kind of play balancing. It is probably to allow Cavalry to pull back after an attack, since tehy have very low defense. As since they don't have the blitz ability they can't use that extra movement point to attack.

Top Bottom