Changing forts to Masonry Tech

Grathocke

Marquis
I would like to move forts back from Mathematics to Masonry, but I can't figure out what I need to edit. Probably everyone else knows, but I'm in the dark. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I would like to move forts back from Mathematics to Masonry, but I can't figure out what I need to edit. Probably everyone else knows, but I'm in the dark. Could someone point me in the right direction?

So you want to be able to build forts after you discover masonry? Open your BuildInfos.xml file, it should be in Assets/XML/Units. Look for fort and change the
Code:
<PrereqTech>[COLOR="Blue"]TECH_MATHEMATICS[/COLOR]</PrereqTech>
to
Code:
<PrereqTech>[COLOR="Red"]TECH_MASONRY[/COLOR]</PrereqTech>

So you want to be able to build forts after you discover masonry? Open your BuildInfos.xml file, it should be in Assets/XML/Units. Look for fort and change the
Code:
<PrereqTech>[COLOR="Blue"]TECH_MATHEMATICS[/COLOR]</PrereqTech>
to
Code:
<PrereqTech>[COLOR="Red"]TECH_MASONRY[/COLOR]</PrereqTech>

I tried that and I'm still not able to build forts until the discovery of Mathematics. I've checked and re-checked to make sure I've changed the text properly.

:hmm: That's odd. Mayby there's something overwriting your changes. What RoM version do you have? Did you save your changes? Are you possibly running vista?

I'm running RoM 2.81, AND 1.62 on Windows 7. I've made lots of little custom changes which work fine. I just can't seem to get this one working.

Better RoM is overriding the main settings. Open the Afforess/Better RoM folder and tweak the fort settings there. Should work. ;)

Top Bottom