[PYTHON] changing research cost?

You have to mod the DLL to allow this. CvTechInfo::getResearchCost() returns m_iResearchCost, which in vanilla code can only be set using xml. I wouldn't really recommend changing data in the info classes anyway because say you build a wonder, which gives -10% cost, then changing the info classes will give everybody -10%. On top of that the info classes are persistent between games meaning you can build the wonder, start a new game and you still have the bonus. It's not saved either so build the wonder, save, quit and start again and the bonus is gone.

You could mod CvTeam::getResearchCost, which can be used to change based on specifics in the team. I would however worry about performance if really slow code is added as it's called quite often.

Honestly, I'm looking for some way to slow down team research (with a large number of team members, the research fails)

Honestly, I'm looking for some way to slow down team research (with a large number of team members, the research fails)
Isn't that just what TECH_COST_EXTRA_TEAM_MEMBER_MODIFIER in GlobalDefines.xml does? I've mentioned this to you before (in this post), so I guess I'm misunderstanding something. It affects tech costs, not research rates, but I don't think that should make a difference.

Top Bottom