Chariots

elisk

Mongol Warlord
It says in the Civilopedia that Chariots get a bonus against axeman. Does this mean that they get bonuses against axeman replacements like dog soldiers, vultures, and phalanxes as well?

i believe so, yes. but you may not be rewarded fo chariot rushing a phalanx or vulture.

yes as they are still axemen, as TheOgre says don't attack phalanxes with chariots though as they are basically also spearmen

the chariot's +100% against phalanxes is countered by the phalanxes + 100% vs. chariots

I know... I was just wondering really as a general thing, I didn't mean specifically for chariots.

yes any unique thing is still the thing it replaces, this includes buildings. so if you capture a UB you get the regular building. though if you gift a UU it stays as your UU

Yeah. It would suck, for example, if as the Egyptians, (my current game), the Stonehenge (which I built) gave you monuments instead of obelisks (it gives you obelisks).

Note that Chariots (and all their UU replacements) only get +100% attack vs. Axemen (and all their UU replacements); the chariot is still vulnerable when defending against these units especially since it gets no defensive bonuses.

Likewise, the Phalanx (the Greek UU replacing Axeman) gets +100% defense vs. Chariot but is not stronger than a normal Axeman when attacking a Chariot.

Thankyou dankok8, I hadnt really taken notice of the wording there, no wonder my chariots die when attacked by axemen.

Daaayyyummmm.

We live and learn :)

Top Bottom