Chryshe Cities Poll (Multiple Choice)

How shall Queen Jayne manage Chyshe's cities in the upcoming turns?

• Dellham build another settler.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Dellham build warrior for unrest.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dellham build phalanx for defense.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Dellham build archer for offense/defense.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Dellham build temple.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dellham build library.

• CJ change build to warrior, then settler.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • CJ stay with warrior, hire Elvis until reinforcements arrive.

• Reneaux build another settler.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Reneaux build military unit (see post).

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Reneaux build a city improvement (see post).

• Use IPRB speedups.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Something was overlooked (see post).

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MonkE

Primate Philosopher
The situation in the northern land of Chryshe is anything but simple. I've tried to cover it as best I can in the limited time available to me.

Dellham: +3 food, 4 Prod, 4 Trade. Settler in 2 turns, grow in 2.
Consensus so far is that this settler founds Iron City ASAP. The question is what to build next.

Castle Jayne (CJ): +3F, 2P, 2T. Grows in 3 turns with unrest. Currently building a settler. Without IPRB, 16 turns with Elvis, sooner if troops show up. Basic options are: switch to a warrior (1 turn), hire Elvis, or bring in troops. IPRB with any of the above.

Reneaux: +3F, 3P, 6T. Settler built in 1 turn needs only 1 shield. River Grassland Shield (RGS) worker should be assigned to wine for the next turn to get extra trade. Then what to build?

P.S. I've forgotten where the instructions are for posting a map. Could someone post the instructions or a link?

MonkE, nice summary and poll. For general info, and the Duke's help screens, see Game Information .

I wonder about a few other items. Should the Dellham Settler build one thing, maybe a road into Iron City? We have a Legion walking down to Elysium. Perhaps it's better utilized guarding CJ? And, like the Mordhiemia guard for the Reneaux Settler going to found M1, perhaps we need to send a Phalanx for the founding of Iron City?

I think Phalanx guards are preferable on the frontier. We have enemies to the West that threaten CJ and Iron City, as well an enemies to the North that threaten the soon newborn M1 North River Mouth.

I agree with MonkE, the situation is growing increasingly complex. Anyone, please help us government folks!

I'd say the legion is needed to guard the Colossus of Elysium!

Since Iron City workers will be on the specials for a while, the Dellham settler should found the city ASAP, and another settler can be sent to build a road.

I agree that Iron City should be defended ASAP.

I agree that Phalanxes should be built rather than Warriors for the most part, especially if going to be the only guard unit in a Northern city (where we know we have enemies).

Seems CJ should switch to a Phalanx, IPRB if possible, then build a Settler. Hordes of settlers do us little good if our cities are in unrest and our new cities are undefended.

I'm in favour of building phalanxes in the northern cities as well, we've got potential enemies there! I see that until now offensive units aren't very popular, I'd like to see one or two build we need to be able to kill some vicious Viking or Indian if we meet them instead of holding our breath and watch if the phalanx/warior will survive...

Yes, build Phalanxes.
Will protect N frontier, and save new northern cities building them, and protect northern settler migration

I finally voted:
Dellham Archer, but then we need a Temple here I think...
Reneaux Settler, but then it needs a Temple too. These are great cities, can grow, and we need guards for new cities as we expand. Exception: R on River. With Temples, these cities have terrific land, and we could release the Reneaux Warrior Police. We need to grow, Mine the Wine, build Phalanxes (what's the plural?) for new City Guards, Archers for a counterattack... how to do it all? Well, the Archer or Phalanx, one more Settler, then perhaps a Temple or two?

CJ build Phalanx $4 in 5 turns, then another Phalanx to send to Iron (IPRB $8). CJ will need Elvis shortly, briefly, then perhaps again as it helps to found Iron building the 2nd Phalanx.

No Libraries up here anytime soon, methinks.

The TFalls Settler will eventually show up around here, and the Dellham Settler is available for work, delay before founding Iron.

Top Bottom