City Size Unhappiness

Is there a way to turn off the suppression of unhappiness without changing the DLL? I'm interested in seeing how the Ancient Era plays with the +2 inherent happiness AND no suppression of unhappiness AND no happiness from Barracks or Walls (these come from the Junta civic and I really want the starter civics to have no positive traits).

None that I know of. But it's a pretty easy change, I'll try to release it during the weekend if I have time.

None that I know of. But it's a pretty easy change, I'll try to release it during the weekend if I have time.

If you do that, can you also increase the happiness in CIV4HandicapInfo.xml? Just increase it by 2 at all difficulty levels; without that, I'm afraid that the Ancient Era will be too difficult. I can take care of the cutting of Arena and Art Gallery happiness.

If you do that, can you also increase the happiness in CIV4HandicapInfo.xml? Just increase it by 2 at all difficulty levels; without that, I'm afraid that the Ancient Era will be too difficult. I can take care of the cutting of Arena and Art Gallery happiness.

I'm doing it right now, fix the dll, increase happiness by 2 for all difficulty levels. If you want me to fix the arena and art gallery line of buildings, just let me know which changes are needed. Thinking about it, I can do it but maybe you want to testi it with other changes you're doing so maybe it's better if I just change dll and handicap and you take care of the rest.

Last edited:
Really like the latest changes for city unhappiness :)

I think especially new players where rather surprised when their town goes revolt on size > 3 :shifty:

Top Bottom