City State Tech level?

dac050

Warlord
I (Poland) have no coal. The entire continent I am on has no coal. My city state ally, Almaty has 13 coal, both hexes (10 and 3) have mines on them. But I'm not granted access to any of that coal. I'm leading the tech race, so I'm assuming that my city state ally doesn't have the appropriate technology yet. Any way I can confirm that assumption? Any way I can "grant" my ally that technology?

And I've tried giving him gold to improve his resources, but since he already has mines on those tiles, the option to improve resources is greyed out.

If I know I'm going to get access to that coal in a few turns, then I can wait, if it's going to be a long time, I'll have to take somebody else's coal. The answer to this is important! Persia's life depends on it (They are the ones with all the coal).

And, did I mention, I really like Winged Hussars. I don't think Alexander's Knights share that opinion, however.

Thanks, and, Oh my. Coal is a long way off for these folks. Persia, prepare to meet thy doom. I guess I could just demand all their coal, then they'll refuse, then I'll kill them.

Better to take their coal, in my opinion, or find it somewhere off-continent. You don't want to be dependent on a trading partner for a strategic resource.

Say I only use the traded coal to build factories, then I lose access to the coal. Do my factories stop contributing to the production capacity of the city? I know that coal dependent military units get 50% malus, but what about buildings?

^ Factory still works even without Coal after you build it.

Top Bottom