City Terrain

Kenta'arka

King
I made this once for a Gangwars Mod, I was working on. As I won't complete it in the near future, I decided to post at least the completed graphics, for those who work on similar mods.

The Terrain replaces Mountain (for residential blocks) and hills (for some spacial buildings, I explained how use it in the readme). Additonal Rivers are replaced with water pipes.

Preview:

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 2,200
Nice. :thumbsup: I don't really like those water pipes though.

I'm didn't made the river deltas because I had no use for 'em
Like you can see on the screenshot, I was working on roads, but I didn't finished them. I wouldn't use railroads in a city scen, will get boring.

Originally posted by Kenta'arka
I'm didn't made the river deltas because I had no use for 'em
Like you can see on the screenshot, I was working on roads, but I didn't finished them. I wouldn't use railroads in a city scen, will get boring.

All I was suggesting was to use the railroads file to provide overlays, to add maybe (for example) something like stairs going down to subway station (all you would see would be the entrance, not the actual rails). Just something to indicate that an improvement was made to the tile.

Hmm, sorry but I don't understand that...How could you use the railroads to generate overlays? As you can't remove the 0 movement cost effect, the railroads, no matter what they look like ,will always have the movement effect. Just if you put just one tile at a time, and make them unbuildiable...was that what you meant?

I made a few changes to the hill terrain, just some copy-pasteing actually... See them here. I've also done some road textures, I'll be posting a picture of them later today.

ps. Please contribute to the citymod with ideas, or even drawing graphics ;-)

I noticed your changes to the hill terrain, so you don't use the spacial buildings? I used them as "recource placement" thought it's funnier to actually control a military depot, you can see on the map, than just controling a symbol that tells you, there is a depot.

I read the city mod topic, and I will add some ideas from time to time, but I got no time to make more graphics, sorry

How about replacing the water pipes with Power and Communications Lines, then Irrigation would be replaced with Overhead Lines, making more Power/Resources availalable to whatever you've replaced Cities with. (Gang houses, Police stations, whatever…

Hmmm.. are thoes building grpahics ripped from railroad tycoon II?

Top Bottom