• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

City tile radius?

chiapetofdoom

Chieftain
Recently I've been playing a lot of small country/1 city games and I noticed that my cities aren't really getting resources or bonuses from improvements outside the 3 tile radius.

Slowpoke aside, is there any way to allow all owned tiles to contribute to my city?

Thanks

You can't have your governor use tiles outside that 3 tile radius. However, you can still improve tiles outside that radius and add it to your supply of resources. You just can't manage the tile.

Thanks for the reply

So by manage, I need to do it manually? I always use my workers manually, or does that mean I can only get things like iron, horses- diamonds marble etc?

He means your city can't work the tile if it is 4 ticks away.... which pisses me off when I can't place a city that is within 3 of every strategic resource in the vicinity, and also prevents me from building another city in that vicinity since adjacent cities need to be 4 ticks away. But, whether it is luxury or strategic, it adds to your total resource tally, which can be sold or traded like any other resource. You don't even need a road to it I believe.

The resources that go to waste however, are things like Cows/Sheep and now possibly Stone, because your cities can't work them if they are 4 ticks away, nor can you sell those. They may produce an overall hammer or food bonus but I doubt it. On the other hand, worked fishes produce more gold, even if your city can't work them. Same with any luxury.

lol, I just did a search for this and posted a new thread about it cause I couldn't find a thread like this.

Now I feel stupid =P

[...]You don't even need a road to it I believe.
You never need roads to connect resouces in Civ5.

All strategic and luxury resources work empire-wide. The amount of Strategic resources you have can be found on the top of your screen (iron, horses, coal, oil, aliminium and uranium). The amount of luxury resources can be found in the top left menu. These all give happiness (wine, marble, dyes, incense etc).

All other resources only give extra hammers, food or gold. Because of this, you can only benefit from them if one of your city's population actually works them. Zoom into your city and have the hex made green, either automaticly (picture of a head in the green circle) or manually (picture of a lock in the green circle).

Some resources give other benefits, like the wonder build bonus from marble or the ability to build a stables with horses, sheep or cow. These benefits only work when the resource is within 3 tiles of the city.

Hope that explains it.

Top Bottom