Civ 2 on Windows 11?

jdjnj

Chieftain
Hi All-

Has anyone tried and succeeded in loading/playing CIV 2 on a Windows 11 PC?

Do the same steps/patch as for Windows 10 work?

I haven’t tried it yet, but am contemplating upgrading to Windows 11, but wanted to check first…

Thanks!

Yes, works well, also works in an emulator sandbox should you encounter problems.

I am greatly encouraged by the above entries. Would someone please be so kind as to direct me to said patch so I can play cIV2 on Windows 11?

I have been unsuccessful in running civ2 on Windows 11. Windows 11 simply will not allow installation of the Indeo codec. Does anyone have a suggestion for an emulator?

Windows 11 simply will not allow installation of the Indeo codec.
Have you tried K-Lite Codec Tweek Tool?
I found an easy way to enable Indeo codec back if you have K-Lite pack installed.
Find and run in Start menu: "Manage 32-bit VFW and ACM codecs". Scroll down.
View attachment 479361
Select checkbox "Indeo 4".
Click "Apply & Close".
Now all the videos should be played normally.

UPDATE:
If you don't have K-Lite pack or don't want to install it then you can just use separate Codec Tweak Tool from this pack (https://www.codecguide.com/download_other.htm).
View attachment 494929

Yes, works well, also works in an emulator sandbox should you encounter problems.
I assume you're able to start new regular games on Win 11?

Just saw a post in the 64bit patch thread about a crash at the world building stage in Win11.
I have tried all of these things. But every time it crashes after I am done designing the game it crashes to the desktop while trying to load the world. anyone know how to fix this? windows 11.

Top Bottom