Civ 3 Complete from Steam misses v and a keys!

Nizari

Chieftain
Hello, was playing civ 3 since 2001, I'm more than sure I spent more than 5000 hours on it, because was completly addicted in 2001-2004 and since 2004 playing like 50 hours sessions each 1-2 months.
Purchased new PC this year and it finally stopped working, so I have also purchased civ from steam. It works on my new win 10 pro, however, this version misses 2 very important keybingings. V key, just like in civ 2:tot, always allowed to enter to the mode of map scrolling, you know, when you pressed v, you had that pulsating white square around one tile and you could move it around the map with arrows keys.

The second keybindign that is missing is a key that allowed standed for "activate" to quickly select a unit from stack of activated+fortified units or from fortified units stack when combined with this mentioned v thingy. It just allowed to choose any unit from any stack without right mouse click and then looking for desired unit from this stupid list.

Any help?

Are you sure you're not mis-remembering -- maybe mixing this up with Civ2 or Civ4?

Because although I haven't played Civ2 (and only played Civ4 a little bit), I've played Civ3 pretty much every week since I first bought Vanilla in 2009, and I've never read anything about these hotkey-functions, either in the game manual or from any of the experts on CivFanatics.

As far as I know, 'A' is only used to "(A)utomate Workers" -- although it shouldn't be (used, that is!)

I'm not mixing it, I really played civ3 for like 5000+ hours in my life :smug: Will post a screenshot from my old PC with cd vanilla civ3 from 2001 (still have this pc).

So... funny story... I just started up a game of Alpha Centauri yesterday, for the first time in years. And guess what? It appears to use these shortcuts...

Top Bottom