Civ 4 reigns supreme

Crezth

第六天魔王
So, last night I was playing Civ V and trying to enjoy it, until I realized one important thing: it's not Civ IV!

This made me really angry as I was trying to play it the same way I play Civ IV and really, the game just cannot stand up to the strategic juggernaut that Civ IV is.

Why does Firaxis do this stuff? Why couldn't Firaxis just re-release Civ IV? Why couldn't this game be Civ IV-2? It boggles my mind and frankly just screams cash cow to me.

Anyone else mad as hell that Civ V isn't Civ IV? Typical corporate :):):):):):):):), stealing my hard-earned money with their mandatory-purchase video games. I'm complaining to everybody down at the office - that is if I don't get fired again for "recalcitrance" or whatever it was.

I'm not sure if your complaints are sarcastic or genuine. :)

My only disappointment is the incomplete multiplayer options that will be added in patches or DLCs later. I was excited to start a PBEM game at launch... oh well - I'll just have to wait!

do you realize how many people outside this forum would come up with the same rabid tirade if it HAD been "civ4: Again!" it would have been nonstop "omg i can;t believe they just redid civ4!! I already paid for it once, im not paying for it again! typical corprate :):):):):):):):)!"

don't try to play civ4 when you have civ5 running, you will have a lot more fun.

All the noobs who weren't here before release are so confused by all the toke jopics.

I hope its a joke :p

I like Civ V much more than Civ IV.

Based on my experience from previous Civ games, Civ5 will be considered the best game ever once Civ6 is released, as that game will obviously be crappy.

Rinse and repeat.

Based on my experience from previous Civ games, Civ5 will be considered the best game ever once Civ6 is released, as that game will obviously be crappy.

Rinse and repeat.

Maybe it's the rule of first adopters?

I bought the antho, played C4 first. C3, C2, and C1 all play like a pile of bricks to my head. Did anyone that broke their cherry with C3 or C2 experience the same backwards incompatibility that I did?

hahah
you summed up 9 out of 10 "hate" threads out there
reading another thread I was wondering why people are buying CiV if they want to play Civ IV :confused:

Maybe it's the rule of first adopters?

I bought the antho, played C4 first. C3, C2, and C1 all play like a pile of bricks to my head. Did anyone that broke their cherry with C3 or C2 experience the same backwards incompatibility that I did?

I played Civ2, Civ3, Civ4+Expansions and then Civ5, in that order, around the time the games were released. In all honesty, I was always under the impression that the games improved from one iteration to the next.

But what needs to be kept in mind is this: there is some stuff that you liked that is going to be removed (or changed into something very different) and there is stuff that is going to be added that will annoy you (slightly or otherwise). If you are too tight with the previous version this might be a dealbreaker.

With that said, from my point of view Civ5 removed almost everything that I found useless or annoying from Civ4, and I like everything that was added and almost everything that was changed, specially the combat. Some people say that some stuff is less complex and therefore has less depth, but I see it as less inane stuff to keep track of so I can focus on my game and my strategies.

As a final note, I clearly remember playing Civ4 happily while everyone was saying that they would never leave Civ3 because Civ4 was crappy and merely a graphical update. Now Civ4 is god among men. The key is not to get too attached to a fricking game, as it only ends up preventing you from enjoying whatever is new for no reason other than it is different.

I swear sometimes I start to play cIV halfway through a game of ciV. I tried to load my settlers on a galley, it did not work, I was gonna call bug but then remembered about embarkation. [FACEPALM] Then I tried to embark and realized I didn't have optics.:lol:

Yes if someone wishes the game was more complex that means they want it to be EXACTLY LIKE CIV 4. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom