Civ 4 vs Civ 5 my thoughts

jaythewise

Chieftain
Civ4 by a hair? Doesnt mean civ5 isnt a great game tho...

I myself liked vanilla civ4 better right out of the box if I recall. That doesn't mean Civ5 isnt a great game. For me Civ4 was an A+ and Civ5 is an A-

The UI is MUCH better in civ5. No it's not a freaking console port. It's an UI that is laid out much better. They are missing some major pieces of info however. Where are my trade routes for example? But when you compare vanilla civ4 with civ5, civ5 is much better.

Combat is MUCH better in civ5. God I hate stacks, so I guess I am biased. I also hated the way air units were handled in civ4.

The AI seems weak in Civ5. I have just played on noble but the AI seems to lack the will to really expand and tends not to support it's ranged units.

To be honest the only reason I give Civ5 a lesser score is the AI. The way city growth is handled may be a sticking point tho...

Why cant we play and love both? Geez people things change. For everyone giving this game such a low score or ranting on it... IF you want to see a game with issues look at elemental War of magic. That good should rock but was just basically released broken. Do you think civ5 is in the same class as elemental??? Seriously???

Ya sorry about the thread spam but I just wanted a thread for reasonable people to discuss the two games. I know civ5 isnt perfect but it is a good game.

I've played demo and I'm hoping to get a full game on Friday. I haven't tried combat system(except vs barbs, but don't count that) and I think they made a pretty good job about graphics for people with lower graphic cards( like me :D) I have it on medium and it's really great. I heard that it isn't so good on high or extra, but it's really good for medium. And I like this cut micromanagment. I don't know is it better this new type of maintance, but I think it'll be cool, I'm an optimist. I'll se it for less than 2 days. End even if it's full of bugs and AI stupidities, wasn't it the same with civ 4, when they were sending great people on front lines and such things. It's difficult to make AI a good warlord with this 1UPT I think, but, we'll see. Anyways, multy player should be better with 1 UPT. It's gonna be cool to play with human with real front lines, huh?

Top Bottom