1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5: Echoes of Ages

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by Cyrinno, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

Hello Lachlan,

First off thanks for trying the mod, I know about the issue with each city building it's own religious type building. The latest patch on the 29th of last month broke the code that I used to make each civilization choose 1 religion so I had to disable that for the time being.

I am testing it out again though to see if it's been fixed before I release the next version of the patch. :)

As soon as I can I will re-enable the functionality of only having 1 religion, but that depends on Firaxis. :)

2. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

Thanks to everyone for trying my mods, my Civ5 mods have just hit 10k total downloads :)
    --
    Version 25 Released
    Puppet Cities should hopefully no longer want to build only synagogues.
    Apps for Chaps Store now CivFan Online Services.

3. civnoob13

civnoob13 King

Hey, I have a problem when playing your mod:
    Spoiler :

It appears to be incompatible with Thal's mod. Any way to get around this?

4. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

The only work around I can think of is changing the order the mods are loaded where Thals Mod takes priority, I've suggested this in the past but I havn't had anyone confirm if making his the priority mod fixes the issue.

5. Rowzdower

Rowzdower Chieftain

So now that the new patch is announced are there any plans to change this mod?

6. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

I will go through the patch notes and make sure it's compatible once it's released and will also check to see if I can re-enable my full religions if they've fixed the bug with it.

7. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

I will download this immediately, how could i have missed it.

8. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

Glad you've found it :-D

9. Mars83

Mars83 Warlord

Must suggestion don't use Thal's mod. i had to drop alot of mods to get the game to work and play nice just so Thal's mod would work.

Otherwise remove the cache folder from the Civ5 game...

Joey

10. Mars83

Mars83 Warlord

Any chance that mod is workable with the latest patch? or wait for another version to come out?

Joey

11. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

Release: Version 26 - Patch Compatability (again sigh :p)

The Code for Religion Conversions is still broken and that feature still cannot be re-enabled(been broken in civ5 code for 2months now-nothing I can do)

Changes for Mid July Patch
    Removed DryDock
    Removed Maritime Academy
    removed Navy Barracks
    Disabled Airport
    (game buildings now effect all unit types these buildings no longer needed)

All great people terrain buffs have been removed, buffs added in civ5 patch

Happiness building changes deleted to work with new happiness system
    Civ5 patch has moved alot of happiness from buildings to policies still there is slightly more happiness in my mod (but more food so it's needed too)

Defense building buffs removed arsenal now should give same total defense

School, University, Research Laboratory changes removed(added in patch)

Policy Modifications removed(added in patch)

12. Wallabulla

Wallabulla Warlord

Thank you! :)

13. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

Your welcome :)

14. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

Release: Version 27
    Bugfixes and improved puppet city handling of religion buildings.

15. Rowzdower

Rowzdower Chieftain

hey just wanted to say thanks for keepin this mod up to date. A lot of mods are starting to fall by the wayside or getting handed off to others. Good work :goodjob:

16. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

Version 28 Release
    This version maintains patch compatability with the latest patch of 13/08/2011 by removing my changes to harbours.

17. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

Hey everyone Echoes of Ages was featured on the latest version of MODCast anyone interested should go here :)

18. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

The full topic list. Thanks for joining us Cyrinno! :D

ModCast Episode 44: "Code Vultures"

Circling above. The forty-fourth episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "Code Vultures" with a runtime of 60m52s, it features core panelist Peter "Maniac" Steenbeke with new regular panelists Jacob "xeinwolf" Turner and "Thalassicus" with returning guest co-host Derek "Kael" Paxton and first-time guest co-host Michael "Cyrinno".

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m29s | Topic #1
    Leading off the show's modding "Curriculum" series, the 'why': when to do so for yourself versus for public use (07m14s); when to publish an initial community release (17m23s); when to update a mod, balancing stability against features (19m35s); initiating, delegating, and scheduling a development team (26m31s); and marketing the ongoing effort (36m11s).
    - 38m21s | Topic #2
    On the "Echoes of Ages" MOD for Civilization V, focusing on re-purposing and focusing city buildings.

ModCast is a recurring audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game modding; sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy, RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

19. Rowzdower

Rowzdower Chieftain

i see you update the mod in the mod browser? Any details?

20. Cyrinno

Cyrinno Warlord

I will get details up soon I havn't had time to write up details since I uploaded but should be able to in a few days.

Computer crashed and mod was lost so this one was re-written line by line and has less bugs and the like, religion was redone after some community feedback and will get future changes, but a full change list will be up in a day or two. Corporations are in the process of being redone and have been disabled.