Civ 5 Map Converted into a LUA Script Not Working in Civ 6

MetalmindStats

Chieftain
Hello all! I'm looking for some help fixing an issue I don't know how to solve.

To explain specifically, I followed the instructions in Gedemon's very helpful thread "How to import a map from civ5" to convert a Civ 5 map into a LUA script. I then included the script as part of a mod for testing in Civ 6, along with a .modinfo file (with a unique GUID) and a Config.xml file, both set up based on the aforementioned thread. However, attempting to load the map in Civ 6, whether in the main game or the world builder, results in a mod error prompt ("There was an error starting the game.") that throws me either back to the main menu or to the mods list, depending on the option I select.

As I am not a programmer or any sort of experienced modder, I cannot figure out precisely what is causing the map to fail to load properly. The error still occurs without any other mods enabled, and the map itself has a significant density of pre-distributed resources, so the game failing to generate start positions should not be causing the error. I have attached the log that resulted in the Civ 6 Firetuner when I attempted to load the map, in case anyone can illuminate the errors for me.

Thank you kindly to anyone who is willing to help me out!

Attachments

• Errors Upon Starting Orbis Terrarum.txt
    50.9 KB · Views: 72
Code:
 Syntax Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Maps\orbis_terrarum.lua:412: function arguments expected near '['

what's on that line ?

Code:
Syntax Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Maps\orbis_terrarum.lua:412: function arguments expected near '['
what's on that line ?

That line would seem to inform me of a syntax error in my code, but I don't know, and it doesn't inform me as far as I can tell, where the error is.

The error is in the file "orbis_terrarum.lua" at line 412, that's where you have to look.

Or post the whole mod, I don't have the time to look at it, but maybe someone else will.

Ah ok, thank you to both of you for clarifying where I should be looking. Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the modding process in general, as you can tell.

Line 412 (when perusing the file in Notepad++, if that matters) within the lua file reads as follows:
Code:
 WorldView: MapToConvert[0][0]={6,3,-1,0,{{0,-1},{0,-1},{0,-1}},{-1,0}}

And I've attached the whole lua file as a text document to this reply, something I should have probably done to my opening post in the first place.

Attachments

• orbis_terrarum.txt
    432.8 KB · Views: 43
you have to remove all the "WorldView: " at the beginning of the lines 412 to 6171

(In a text editor, just use the replace function to change it to a blank space for example)

Top Bottom