Civ 5 representation of the world (with MAP)

CTH

Prince
here is a quick map I made over the parts that the 17 of 18 civs that is confirmed in Civ 5 togheter occupied (not at the same time in history). I am sure that there is alot of people that will say that I have done something wrong and they is prob totally correct. It is just something I did in 15 min because I was curious of how much of the world Civ 5 covers. I didnt find a good map over the japanese empire during that time neither did I find a good map over elizabeths english empire so I just coverd the british islands and current japan. Some of the empires didnt I find a good map for the time period of their leader so I just draw the empire when it was at is largest. I didnt do that with germany (I guess that was during WW2 and that didnt feel right)

And I didnt mark what empire that had a specific part of the world beacuse I did this in paint and it would just had looked messy

what we can see is that almost the whole middle east is coverd and europe is pretty well coverd also (not poland or scandinavia) The south east asia is pretty empty also. and africa is pretty empty also. South america is pretty empty but the Inca is there and I am not sure if there is a big historical empire that controled big parts south america (like barzil or something)

However, I think that they managed to cover the world pretty well.

Attachments

• CIV map.jpg
    CIV map.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 756
I doubt the Koreans want to be associated with the Japanese at all, quite honestly.

Nor would Quebecers be all too happy about being told they're represented by the English empire.

(Fortunately, the French are also in game).

Nor would Quebecers be all too happy about being told they're represented by the English empire.
No I imagine it wouldn't please them very much, no matter how true it was at one point in time. France's loss @ the Plains of Abraham marked a steady decline in their control of the colonies that now comprise Canada. Had Canada not gained gradual independence from the UK, Quebec would be just as British (in title if not in language) as the rest of the Canucks.

(Fortunately, the French are also in game).
Oui c'est bon!

I doubt the Koreans want to be associated with the Japanese at all, quite honestly.

Having lived in South Korea for nearly six years, I think this qualifies as the understatement of the year. ;)

No I imagine it wouldn't please them very much, no matter how true it was at one point in time.

I would disagree with that assessment. Politically, Britain controlled the area for a while, we're quite aware of the fact (we spend enough time complaining about it, we have better be aware of it!), but in terms of culture and civilization, Quebec is pretty adamantly not English, not part of English culture, etc, and not part of English civilization.

It was not really a map of what people today would feel represented it was more of how much of the world (and therefore in a sense the worlds culture, you cant control a land without influence them and get influenced culture wise) that was represented with the current civs. But mostly it was because I was curious.

the british map was nice, and I didnt know that germany had so many colonies but the japanese one is a bit too modern compared to the japanese leader.

I would disagree with that assessment. Politically, Britain controlled the area for a while, we're quite aware of the fact (we spend enough time complaining about it, we have better be aware of it!), but in terms of culture and civilization, Quebec is pretty adamantly not English, not part of English culture, etc, and not part of English civilization.

Before I respond, I'd like to ensure you understand I have nothing against Quebec's culture or heritage (minus the frustration I've experienced with the Canadian government and various reverse discriminiations against anglophones but that's another thread). What I'm saying is had it not been for Canada's move towards independence from Britain, Quebec would have been politically part of the English Empire (or whatever you'd like to call it) despite having its own language, customs, legal precedents, etc.

No matter what Quebec's diplomatic standing today, it has been part of what history regards the British Empire to have been.

Having lived in South Korea for nearly six years, I think this qualifies as the understatement of the year. ;)

I doubt that a Korean honestly wants his country to be annexed as part of Japan(unless you're North Korean....). The Koreans already in Japan are discriminated against enough, we don't need more fuel for the Japanese closet racism.

I doubt that a Korean honestly wants his country to be annexed as part of Japan(unless you're North Korean....). The Koreans already in Japan are discriminated against enough, we don't need more fuel for the Japanese closet racism.

Trust me on this one, it goes both ways. The xenophobic nationalism in the Koreas is just as bad. I'll leave it at that.

There is a strange gap in Europe. In fact territory of Poland should be also green - it was Russian for some time (divided by three neighbours - Russia, Prussia and Austria). Not very long, but still it was occupied by them.

It's a wee bit big
Spoiler :

The territory of Poland should still be Green (or most of it) due to being split between Russia and Germany at several points (assorted partitions, etc)

Top Bottom