Civ 6 Air Power

lokblaze

Chieftain
Ok, so I'm a casual player. I'm finally winning on King level, usually fairly easily after I catch up on science and a lot of times by culture and I don't even try for it. I don't always fight in games but neither do I shy away from it. Well this round I'm playing Julius Caesar and for some reason Mapuche and China got so far ahead on tech it was ridiculous. When I got spies I was stealing tech from both of them and finally got caught up from all the free science. I went to war with Mapuche Empire after he denounced me and I wanted more land and science and this is late game. Already have tanks, mobile artillery, mobile sam's and even a GDR.

For the first time the AI actually has some air power. ONE fighter. I'm baffled on how to combat this thing. It damn near 1 shot my GDR the most advanced unit in the game. Didn't take squat for damage either. Not a Jet fighter either, just a fighter. It has hit 2 of my mobile artillery armies and nearly 1 shot those as well and I had mobile sam's defending them. While the sam's intercepted them, it didn't stop damage to my units and only damaged the fighter for 13 points. 13?

So what, is air power like massively broken? I can't imagine having to deal with say 3 to 6 of these as they could completely wreck a ground assault like I'm doing.

So what, is air power like massively broken? I can't imagine having to deal with say 3 to 6 of these as they could completely wreck a ground assault like I'm doing
I guess they did it for a rock paper scissors approach… or do you want a GDR to be invincible. You need to park your GDR with lots of AA and the GDR be upgraded with AA. Then it’s a bit trickier for the planes.

Air power is a bit broken, the AI is generally breathtakingly dumb often failing to deploy its fighters I'm a big fan of airpower

This reminds me of my very first CIV VI games, where i would park AA units next to my main cities fearing a level of aggressive use of air power from the AI akin to CIV 1 (I did played CIV V, but I played a whole lot more of CIV 1, and still do from time to time). Back then I also shuddered the idea of AI getting access to uranium! Nowadays I can't remember the last time I fielded an AA unit!
I don't know if in deity the AI plays the war game with more competence in respect to air power, I played only a handful of deity games and saw nothing special besides the usual ancient era rush from the AI.

Top Bottom