Civ 6: Canada Civilization (Rise and Fall & Vanilla)

Civ 6: Canada Civilization (Rise and Fall & Vanilla) 2.5

CutesyGoddess

Chieftain
CutesyGoddess submitted a new resource:

Civ 6: Canadian Empire (Rise and Fall & Vanilla) - Adds Canada in the game under the rule of Lester B. Pearson.

Supports Rise and Fall expansion & Vanilla
Supports Condiform, Largest, Greatest and Giant Earth (YnAMP)​
[Traits]
True Patriot:
Builders receive +2 extra charges. +1 Wildcard slot in any government.

Appropriation:
Founded cities start with extra territory.

[Unique Unit]
Mountie:...

Read more about this resource...

At least the leader is not the manipulative, conniving, cold, uncharismatic, droning podesta, William Lyon Mackenzie King, that so many non-Canadians seem to think is the iconic Canadian PM.

I'm not sure how the rest will play out in game, but it looks intriguing.

as a Candian, I like this but I also feel like it's a little too much of self-insert!. I mean, this is way too OP and will probably break the game balance wise.

Will definitely be trying it still.

Apparently I didn't look closely to the message. It reports "Whoops! There was a problem with the preview.", but has a download link below the error message. My mistake.

I like it - it is pretty powerful and basically has all my favourite bonuses from other civilizations but the city list is pretty bad. As a Canadian I haven't heard of a couple of the cities and some major cities are missing. Some of the cities also don't show up correctly when settled - the name is a command code /city name and not just the city name. But overall I enjoyed it and just renamed a bunch of the cities myself. A potential list based on current populations:
Ottawa
Toronto
Montreal
Vancouver
Calgary
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Quebec City
Hamilton
Kitchener
Victoria
Halifax
Oshawa
Windsor
Saskatoon
Saint Catharines
Regina
Saint John's
Kelowna
Barrie
Sherbrooke
Guelph
Abbotsford
Kingston
Kanata
Trois-Rivieres
Moncton
Saguenay
Red Deer
Brantford
Thunder Bay
White Rock
Nanaimo
Greater Sudbury
Lethbridge
Peterborough
Kamloops
Saint-Jerome
Chilliwack
Drummondville
Wood Buffalo
Sault Ste Marie
Prince George
Medicine Hat
Grande Prairie
Airdrie
Granby
Fredericton
Saint John
North Bay

If you wanted to eliminate some and insert provincial capitals - Charlottetown, Iqaluit, Yellowknife, Whitehorse. Just a suggestion.

I like it - it is pretty powerful and basically has all my favourite bonuses from other civilizations but the city list is pretty bad. As a Canadian I haven't heard of a couple of the cities and some major cities are missing. Some of the cities also don't show up correctly when settled - the name is a command code /city name and not just the city name. But overall I enjoyed it and just renamed a bunch of the cities myself. A potential list based on current populations:
Ottawa
Toronto
Montreal
Vancouver
Calgary
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Quebec City
Hamilton
Kitchener
Victoria
Halifax
Oshawa
Windsor
Saskatoon
Saint Catharines
Regina
Saint John's
Kelowna
Barrie
Sherbrooke
Guelph
Abbotsford
Kingston
Kanata
Trois-Rivieres
Moncton
Saguenay
Red Deer
Brantford
Thunder Bay
White Rock
Nanaimo
Greater Sudbury
Lethbridge
Peterborough
Kamloops
Saint-Jerome
Chilliwack
Drummondville
Wood Buffalo
Sault Ste Marie
Prince George
Medicine Hat
Grande Prairie
Airdrie
Granby
Fredericton
Saint John
North Bay

If you wanted to eliminate some and insert provincial capitals - Charlottetown, Iqaluit, Yellowknife, Whitehorse. Just a suggestion.

Thank you so much for helping! I'll update the mod soon and add city names above.

Thank you so much for helping! I'll update the mod soon and add city names above.
And don't forget Vegreville, who declared themselves an "independent country" for a day as a stunt to protest the GST passing in 1991 (that town is quite close - relatively speaking - to where I live in Edmonton).

I am playing as Japan and have not included Canada in my game (but civilization mod exists and is enabled), the Hockey Arena is still present (but not functional) under Entertainment Complex. See screen shot and save file.

Attachments

• 289070_20180616114545_1.png
    289070_20180616114545_1.png
    6.7 MB · Views: 313
  • HOJO TOKIMUNE 416 1810 AD.Civ6Save
    6.6 MB · Views: 295
Top Bottom