Civ 6: Five Months In

For traders to enter water you also need to research Celestial Navigation.

Never mind I see you are playing as Portugal, so you get it from the start. It could be possible there isn't a way to reach it through just coastal water. If that's the case you have to beeline Cartography to enter deep ocean tiles.

My guess is Alexandria was too far from Lisbon to trade with (i.e. more than 45 tiles...I guess), even though it could be reached by hugging the coast. When I made a city more to the south I could then trade with Alexandria. I'm definitely paying more attention to these things!

The feitoria gives the city gold and production that you build it in. You then gain those same benefits if you send a trade route to the city, though they are enhanced to 6 gold and 1.5 production for you.

Man, thanks. The article I linked to led me to completely the opposite understanding.

10) World Congress What-the-What?? I feel like I'm missing something here. The language used for many resolutions is stilted and bizarre, including the mangled, misleading abuse of the word "emergency" even for a sports competition. I should have written down more examples, so during my current game I'll keep my eyes peeled (though maybe I'm just getting used to it). But still...it really appears that the human player does not have the same rights in the WC as all the AI players. There are frequent votes in which it appears everyone but me can participate, even when it's an issue that directly affects me. Only once, out of a dozen games, was I offered a chance to propose a resolution, though I couldn't figure out how to actually accomplish this feat. Honestly, I have not bothered to study the WC's workings in the user manual, because it's just a pain in the prat from bow to stern. Every time the WC convenes I groan as I might when sitting down to do taxes. Come on, I'm in the thick of a war and need to finish beating Tokugawa's head in!

You are not alone. World Congress is just awful, as was Civ5's World Congress. It's a feature that just needs to die because I have no confidence it will ever get better.

I modded it out as soon as I could. Just a horrible trash mechanic

You are not alone. World Congress is just awful, as was Civ5's World Congress. It's a feature that just needs to die because I have no confidence it will ever get better.
It was kinda ok in SMAC. Maybe because it was far in the future and they had time to figure it out somewhat :)

Smac "world congress" only dealt with real international matter like the UN charter and major international projects to big for any individual faction. It was not about banning cocoa. You could also bribe other factions to vote in your interest which gave it some more play.

Smac "world congress" only dealt with real international matter like the UN charter and major international projects to big for any individual faction. It was not about banning cocoa. You could also bribe other factions to vote in your interest which gave it some more play.
Vote trading definitely made Civ5's WC more interesting than Civ6's. It at least made diplomacy feel a bit like, oh, I don't know, diplomacy. As opposed to, "Here, let me buy your influence so I can vote my way." :coffee:

Top Bottom