Civ 6 - democracy games interest?

dwcole78

Warlord
So - there used to be a type of community game that was played in Civ and especially Alpha Centauri where one person (usually the individual rotated) would play the turns but all interested would vote on certain aspects of how turns were played. If memory serves these were called democracy games. Often they led to separate forum areas and sprawling stories written about games with various people taking on various characters either directly in the game (various scout or military units) or not (simple farmers or workers in factories). Was a lot of fun and a very different way to play the game. Participated in some (mostly around Alpha Centauri) but always had fun reading stories written in others. I would like to revive this type of game - thought I would see if anyone else remembered it would like to join me. Thanks!

That depends on how we set it up. Sometimes the save file is spread around and different people play for different amounts of time - gives the game differing strategy flavor. Would have to decide all this type of stuff before we started.

Exchanging saves usually creates all sorts of problems, for me for instance I post here while working, I could easily write a small post daily to detail my "moves", but actually playing the game is near impossible.

Edit, the way a typical civ game starts there is not much to "do" the first so many turns, decide where to settle, move scouts, devise a general strategy.

All these things can be perfectly done without exchanging saves imho :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom