Civ AI vs AI gave it a try

Thanks, jguy100 gave me the heads up. Hopefully I can get some time to run a bit and have a useful screen shot to post.

Got to get an earlier start as it took me an hour to do just two turns. The logging is tedious.

Turn 89 775BC US starts off 0-5-2 ends up 6-7-2. Being on def is not so good. total 82-60
All, except China know Engineering. All, except China and USA know Feudalism.
New tech Monotheism is known to Cleo, Liz and Hanni. Gunpowder known to those three as well.
So LB's will be coming, have to see who has Saltpeter. LoL, Sid is telling me we are moderately advanced.
We only have the starting tech?
China no salt, no knowledge of it.
Carthage (has 33 units in Capitol MDI and Num Mercs), no SALT.
England has Salt hooked up.
USA and Portugal have Salt, no road to it. They do not know Gunpowder.
Inca and Egypt no Salt. So US will not be facing MDI right away.

Turn 90 750BC US 4-8-3 def and 5-3-1 off (9-11-3) lost Arequipa. It was well defended by two whole spears. Actually they were not eve full health and no wall.
Building a spear for many turns. No wonder even an sid AI, can't win, without lots of help. US has many units next to or 2 tiles away, but does not stuff
them in the town. 30 units near or not far away, but they sent them to fight in ones and twos. Should they win a fight, then will not let it heal, but rather attack, even if down to 1 hp. total 91-71

upload_2021-12-31_0-46-11.png

730BC US 5-4-2 total 96-75
710BC US 5-4-4 total 101-79
Lots of Henri's units moving, but don't know what they are up to yet.
Getting hard to recall who knew what techs, so I may miss or mistake some.
So I will just recap:
Monotheism Cleo, Liz, Henri, Inca, Hanni
Feudalism same group
Engineering all except Mao
Invention Cleo, Liz and Hanni
Gunpowder same three
Chemistry same three

710BC US 3-4-7 total 104-83 Leonardo's in Carthage.
Add Inca to the list for Invention.
690BC US 11-9-4 total 115-92 Sun Tzu in Thebes.
650BC 13-12-1 total 128-104
Theology same three
US learns Feudalism
Metallurgy Cleo and Hanni. Oh my, cavs soon?

USA 54 spears 23 swords 3 pikes 11 cats 1 mdi (81 combat)
Inca 11 archers 91 spears 23 horse 10 LB 8 cats 1 treb 1 chasqui (136 combat)
If Inca mined 3 tiles they would 1 turn LB, now it is wasting 10 shields per LB.
It is 19 towns for US and 20 for Inca (at a glance). Though US towns are not as large.
How did the Inca get ahead in tech and have more units, while losing more than their opponent?
They have 55 more troops?

upload_2021-12-31_15-6-2.png

630BC US 5-4-3, Inca got an MGL. total 133-108
610BC US 8-8-2. total 141-116 US used a pike on def in Cinn. BTW there are a few ship battles, I am ignoring them.
Henri learns Invention.
Liz learns Metallurgy.
590BC US 7-4-1 total 148-120. US has walked past a cat for at least 4 turns and let it ping them and not captured it. It is just sitting there in the open uncovered.
570BC no combat
550BC must be peace as US is heading home.
US learns Mono.
Chivalry learned by the gang of three (Cleo, Liz and Hanni).
Education learned by the same gang.
Gunpowder learned by Inca.

Egypt now sports 60 Muskets, 6 LB, 32 MDI, 6 AC, 4 WC, 1 horse, 9 spears and 19 pikes.
England has 27 muskets.
Henri has 60 pikes and 30 mdi.
Inca 99 spears, 43 LB.
Carthage 96 num and 39 MDI.
China 118 ancient units.
USA 30 spear, 10 swords, 25 pikes and 11 MDI.
Some of the civs, I did not list all combat units.

Don't know what happened to the leader.

450BC Sistine in Carthage.
430BC Knights Templar in Thebes. Copernicus in London.
230BC a lot of movement. I find Cleo has units in Hanni's land.
They are past some of his towns, so maybe they have another target.
May as well catch up on the techs.
China is finally in the Middle Age. Having learned Mon, Feud and Eng.
The gang of three needs Gravity to hit the IA. They may stop for one or more optional techs first.

Other than China all have Theo, Chiv, Invent, Gun, and ED.
PP is known to all, except Inca and China.
Banking to the three and Henri.
Astro, Chem, Metal, Phy, Nav and MT are known only to the Gang of three.
The troop movement suggests it is either a specific Carthage town or they are headed for Henri.
If it is a sneak attack, it is not well planned (what's new about that for the AI) as they have small stacks.
Cleo's Mood, I mean army:
6 LB, 101 Musket, 13 Cav, 5 cannon, 33 MDI and 1 Crusader. (16 towns) not contiguous, 3 are off to NE.

Hanni:
2 warrior, 5 LB, 118 Muskets, 11 cav, 4 cannon, 15 num, 48 MDI. (fairly even) (12 towns)

Henri:
1 warrior, 3 spear, 67 pike, 10 LB, 9 musket, 13 knights, 2 cat, 45 MDI (13 towns)

Only Inca is not in Republic. They are a Monarchy.

210BC the leading edge of the troops is nearing Portugal, so I think we have a winner, probably no winners in this war.
190BC 3 cavs hit Guimares going 2-0-1. Not doing retreats, there too frequent.

PP is now known to all except Mao.
Music known to Cleo, Liz, Henri and Hanni otherwise now known as the four.
Banking is known to the four.
Astro the four plus Inca.
Demo Liz and Hanni. Cleo may slip back now as she is at war.
Chem, Metal, Phy and MT to the gang of three.
Nav to the four.

170BC Cleo 5-7 tot 7-7. Being on defense is still not so good.
150BC Cleo 5-5 tot 12-12.
China now knows Inv and Chiv.

Hum, must be late night blindness, yeah that's the ticket I had said the gang of three
needed only ToG. That is incorrect as the also need Magnetism.

Except China all now know PP, Music, Astro.
Banking all except China and Inca. Same for Nav.
The Three have added Demo, just got to race for Free Art and Shakespear.
They also have Econ. I think that is all the new techs.

I saw an Egyptian leader going down in flames.
Henri is streaming units back to attack Cleo as the AI likes to do. Would not want to wait until you
have handled the rush, no got to go now.

130BC 3-3 both side lost on def and won on off. tot 15-15
110BC Cleo 14-7 all battles on Hanni's soil. tot 29-22
The Three added Mag.
Henri lost a leader as well.

90BC Cleo 21-15, tot 50-37. This should have been a smashing, but three of Henri's pikes kill 12 units. Hills and mountains, AI
too dumb to pass by and wait for them to come down. Only 1 knight involved and no cavs.
70BC Cleo 13-13, tot 63-50. Musket fails over and over. They even use them to attack and I saw a pike attack.
50BC Cleo 14-9, tot 77-59. Magellan's in Hasting.
30BC Cleo 5-10, tot 82-69. Bad showing for Cleo. Muskets losing on def and then losing on off. Even a cav died vs
2 hp mdi. Lots of ships moving, but no battles and no unloading. Funny I had watched the battle of Kadesh earlier
today and Egypt had their problem there as well.

10BC Cleo 5-4, tot 87-73.
Here is the current tech. The map has not changed, other than units moving from place to place.
Liz and Henri have ToG, but no IA techs.
Liz and Henri have Free Art.
Cleo's Back, actually she is not.
1 LB, 78 musket, 8 cav, 10 cannon, 5 mdi and 2 crusaders.

Henri:
1 warrior, 3 spear, 24 pike, 2 LB, 29 musket, 12 mdi, 4 knights.
Both are down a lot of units and Cleo is no longer in the gang. War is fine, IF you are taking cities and getting bigger. If not, then you need to get out of war. It is usually an issue to attack someone not adjacent as it
is not so easy to defend two empires, till rails.

upload_2022-1-3_0-14-29.png

10AD Cleo 5-4, tot 92-77. Bach's in Canterbury
USA has lots of troops in Liz's land, may be headed for Cleo. 13 groups, probably all small numbers or singles.
20AD Cleo 8-4, tot 100-81. Shakespeare's in Leptis Minor
Lots of movement from Hannibal. 23 cavs and scores of 1 move units off to a parade, nah. They are spread out in English land and on the border of the Inca nation.
There is a single English town down the road and 4 Egyptian towns, but Hanni has already gone through most of their land. Inca a likely target.

Another note, that could change America's plan, if Cleo was the target, as a sea battle took place with Portugal sinking a US ship.
So I am thinking that Abe will need to turn his units around. He has no horses.

Abe 100 or so units, 72 muskets.
Henri less than 70, with 5 knights. Sure sounds like he was bribe into the war, but I do not yet know, if the US has declared a war.
They must have or Henri is insane to get into a second front. He does have 17 Carrack's.

Cleo has less than 90 units. If the US is heading for her, she would want help in a two front war.

Hanni wow, 250~ 141 musket 51 mdi and 29 cavs. Going to hurt someone.

50AD Cleo 6-5, tot 106-87. They now fight in Cleo's land.
Hanni 14-7 and captured Huamanga. It started 11-1-2, then Inca attack mostly redlined units
The city is defended by only two cavs now, but Inca does not have cavs, so just a few knights.
IOW no troops will attack next turn and it could be defended by killing incoming. Hanni has 12 cavs next to the city.
A stack of muskets and Mdi (13) are 7 turns away, unless they have rop with Liz.

Henri sunk another galley, barely. So he is at war with US. Abe's troops look to be heading around the coast
towards Henri. It is a long walk to Portugal for 1 move units. They changed directions a bit.

TECH:
China adds Theology
Chem is learned by US and Henry.
Free Art by Cleo and Henri.
Econ is known to all, except China.
Nav all, but Inca and China.
ToG was added by Cleo.
upload_2022-1-3_16-55-17.png

upload_2022-1-3_16-55-58.png
upload_2022-1-3_16-55-17.png upload_2022-1-3_16-55-58.png

70AD Hanni 19-9 (if it was not in Inca land, it would have been worse as most of their kills came attacked 1hp units they would not have reached) tot 33-16. Hannibal got a leader and it made it back and formed an army.

Cleo 3-3, tot 109-90. Smith's in Washington Newton's in Elephantine.

Abe still heading out. Cleo got a leader and it is heading to Oea, no danger to it.
The gang of three does have Nat, so rifle will be a huge improvement. The muskets have done poorly, not even
considering the foolish ones that attacked. Just on defense they were bad. Remember Inca does not have muskets, so cavs
were not a factor in that war for the performance of muskets.

Henri does not have cavs, so the poor showing of Cleo's muskets were not from attack 6 units either.

90AD Hanni 10-7, tot 24-14. Cleo 7-3, tot 113-90.

110AD Hanni 13-10, tot 37-24. Hanni lost his army. Usual brilliant play. Has only cavs for defense and the army has only 1 cav in it. Had he put three in, no way he losses it.
Cleo 3-4, tot 116-94. US keeps attacking Carracks with galleys, not going too well.
130AD Hanni 10-8, tot 23-18. Cleo 4-1, tot 120-95. US 1-1, these are units landing by Braga.
150AD Now I cannot keep track of who got what counts as A vs B, then maybe A or B fights C for 1 or 2
units, then D fights someone. Just depends on whose units are near who on offense, then on defense.
There is no pause, till the turn ends.

Hanni vs Inca to start at 21-12 and I see Huamanga has rifles now. tot 44-30
Cleo 3-1, tot 123-96. Henri 3-4 vs not Cleo. US 1-0 vs Henri.

170AD Hanni 18-15 vs Inca. Henri 1-0 vs Hanni and 1-3 vs US.
Screen of Middle Age tech tree.
Nat still only gang of three.
Commie Liz and Henri.
Henri is in a two front war, has a smaller civ and the land is not great. Still teching strong.

upload_2022-1-4_21-1-8.png

190AD Hanni vs Inca 7-0, Henri vs Cleo 1-1, Henri vs USA 0-1, Henri vs Hanni 0-2,
Inca vs Hanni 3-3, Cleo vs Henri 4-0. I was barely able to note the battles. I did it by immediately
writing an initial for combat for a new front and then tracking and noting the outcomes.

In aggregate Hanni was 15-6, Henri 1-8, Cleo 5-1, Inca 3-10, US 1-0. If did not miss any.

You can see Henri is going have big issues, if he stays at war. He is attacking 3 civs this round and then
faced one nation attacking him. Soon America will be in his land. They are next to the border of Lagos.
First stack has 10, then 2 and then 11 and on and on. He mostly has city size, but at the cities in my view they
do not have barracks. That is critical to fend off wave after wave. You must be able to heal after each turn in town or suffer bigger losses.
Even at Sid prices you cannot replace units fast enough, if 24 units attack in a few turns. Especially as he is sending out units all over the place to fend off or attack.

He has all 13 towns, all on unit production. He has two cities with 19 shields net, so they can two turn a knight.
It cost him 28 shields, so a large waste of shields. Rifles are 32, he can two turn them, once he has the tech.
The AI is not smart enough to swap a pop off of a mined tile to an irrigate grass, when he is starving and
does not need those shields. Lisbon is about to stave down, granted is will grow back quickly, but they need the
extra gold. The pop could work a grass tile next to a river.

Henri is likely researching MT, but may be Phy. Either way both are 3840 beakers. AI on Sid has a cost factor of 4.
So Henri should pay about 1536 beakers. It is a bit less as he knows a few civs that already know both techs.
Call it 1500. I counted his beaker output and it is 141. His beaker count will be going down as units enter his land a at least step
on a few tiles and probably pillage some. So about 11 turns and the techs are not getting cheaper.

Henri has 67 units, only 20 are true attackers.
ToG learned by US, no other changes.

210AD China moving a lot of troops.
230AD China attacks Inca.

USA has lots of work that could be done, but are keeping workers in towns.
Not all the workers, but too many. There are lots of safe areas to work.

250AD China lost a bunch of Riders at Ica (Inca) and razed it.
USA did poorly at Lagos (Portugal), captured it anyway. They will lose it next turn
as they only have one musket in town.

Oh, they have a stack next to it with 18 units and they have movement. Another stack next to
the town with 6 units and more following them.

Tech:
China learns Astro and Nav.
Inca learns Chem and Phy.
USA learns ToG and MT.
Henri learns MT.
Steam now known to the gang of three.

Liz and Hanni have coal connected. Cleo seems to not have coal, did a quick glance.

USA 131 troops.
Cleo 90 troops, 1 army. 58 rifles and 17 cavs.
Henri 45 troops and is staring at the end, unless he can get peace.
Inca 80 troops, no cavs no rifles.
Hanni 200 troops, has rifles and cavs.
China 168 troops, no cavs, no rifles. Has Riders with 3 movement.

China timed their entry into the war with Inca nicely. Don't know why they razed Ica.

260AD
Lagos did not get attacked. It seems the Inca and Henri are now at war with each other. Nice, the two with the most trouble get into a three front war.
China razed another Incan city.
280AD Nasca captured by Hanni, killing a leader stranded in town. Looking at the map I see why Mao is razing the towns. He is a long way from his land and probably cannot hold the large cities.
Though, he has to try to or he cedes land to others. Cleo is next door, so she could fill the openings. Inca was well, except they are at war with 3 civs currently.

290AD Stop me, if you have heard this before, China razed another city. Henri seems to be killing more USA units than they do his. It is not
enough as the US has more to start and more towns to replenish them.

China is the same, losing more vs Inca, but more units to start. Cleo finally did some fighting and winning vs Henri.
Hanni has 6-8 rifles just cutting roads.
Liz has some rails up, but only in one town. Hanni almost none as he has worker issues. Has few and has enemy
units lurking.
US has been cutting road for Henri as well.

300AD Ouch, Liz is now also at war with Inca.
Cleo has dropped down a town in one of the holes make by Mao.
USA lost a bunch of units attacking Braga, but then killed all the damaged units, cause numbers.

Mao 3 cites razed, Hanni three captured and Abe two captured.
Cleo has sort of protected Abe's back a Lagos. Has come in and killed several units poised to strike.

Tech:
China still missing Free Art, Chem, Metal, Phy, ToG, Mag and MT.
Inca missing Metal, Phy, ToG, Mag and MT.
Henry missing Mag and MT. Remember when is was a tech leader?

No new entries into the IA.

Gang of three learned Fascism.
Elec learned by Liz and Hanni.
Industry by same.
RP coming to a war near you soon. Fun and game will not be fun for those without Infantry.

USA 135
Cleo 107 + army
Liz 151 + 15 Man of War
Henri 51
Inca 63
Hanni 193
Mao 157

310AD Hanni and Abe had a rough turn. Hanni kept attacking Juli and dying. One win and 6 losses.
320AD Hanni persisted and took more losses, but finally gets the town. USA still losing to Henri.
The distance is hurting him as their initial forces became obsolete, during the travel.

Inca now has 12 cities, down from 19 iirc.
330AD Liz is making her presence felt. She found Norwich. She captured Machu Picchu and Atico.
It is bad enough to have 3 foes, but a new one jumps in and they have not been at war, you get a larger rush of units.
340AD Liz razed a city. Must have missed counting as 3 towns went down and it looks like Inca still has 10.
I any event there are gaps in the red borders. I see 10 stacks of English cavs, probably mostly singles. Still
going to put some damage on the red towns.

China has 156 units, only a dozen Riders and no cavs. So they most are very slow to the front and Riders are
not as good as cavs.

USA 121 units, mostly junk at this point.
Hanni has 221, mostly rifles. He has some Guerilla units they are much better on def and off than the units he had.
Inca 32, doomed. Nearly all pikes. Lots of roads are cut, too bad for him vassalage in not in C3C.
Henri 56, cavs and muskets. This is why he is beating USA. Though he is still not taken back the town the US captured.

Tech:
Looks like only China and Inca are still in the Middle Ages. Both lack Metal, MT, Mag, ToG.
China also does not have Free Art, but not required. Phy as well, but it is required.

IA:
Going from memory, not a good thing at my age, Liz and Hanni now know RP.

upload_2022-1-7_16-42-16.png

350AD Hanni captures Cuzco, Inca's capitol lost.
Liz had expert timing in entering the war as she grabs Riobamba, Tamboccocha and Tiwanaku. Her cavs are
stomping, others cavs no so much. If is a function of getting more units to the city. The others hit with
a couple, maybe 3. Liz send as many as it takes.

The mini map looks like 6 cities left for the beleaguered Incan's. Will be turning out the lights most rikki tick.
1 spear, 19 pikes and 1 LB. So the std 3 per city and a few wandering, maybe less than 3 in a few towns.
360AD nada
370AD Henri's cavs had great run for two sessions, but came back to earth as Cleo spanked a few.

Saw 3 leaders, 2 Henri and one Hanni.
Busiris founded by Cleo. She must own Sun Tzu as it has a rax. Yup sure enough.

Tech:
USA learns Steam.
Liz and Hanni learn Corporation. The rich get richer.
Inca 18 units.
Liz has arty.

Henri seems to have lost his leaders. One I am sure was killed, but the other may have rushed something.
Cleo still has her 1 unit army sitting in town.
Hani has his new leader, it is doing nothing right now.

380AD It looked like Cleo attacked a Carthage ship, waiting for clear battle as it could be privateer.
Hanni razed an Incan city.
390AD USA is being smashed by Henri's cavs.
Cleo captured Guimaraes from Henri.
Hanni captures Vilacabamba. Inca down to 2 towns. One is isolated in the NE.

The battle was not Cleo and Hanni, it was a privateer as she sunk two more and they were clearly privateer.
400AD Uni Suffrage completes in Carthage.
Liz grabs Huanuco Pampa and now Inca are OCC. No units are near their last town right now.

Tech:
Ironclads known to USA, Liz and Hanni.
Refining known to Liz and Hanni.
USA are finally building Rifles and Cavs.
England is building Infantry.
All Henri's towns are on Cavs.
Hanni has some factories going up, so production boost coming.
China is making the same old pikes and Riders. A lot of fodder for someone to clean up as they are far back in tech.
Inca are working on the coffin, I mean a LB.
Cleo is doing a bit of everything. Fact/rifles/cavs.

upload_2022-1-8_14-52-28.png

410AD Cleo drops another settler down and founds Kahun.
420AD Henri captures Guimaraes from Cleo. How poorly can Cleo conduct a war? It was defended by
two damaged cavs. No rifles and it is a town on Henri's border. No wall, no rax and a 31 turn
rifle build started. Maybe no gold to draft.
Henri does the same thing, so Cleo takes it back on her turn. Wonder if she will stuff it with any of the 6 cavs standing around next to the town, nah.

430AD China and Hanni have moved lots of units the last three turns. Now Liz is also moving a lot of troops.
Her are heading to Huaras. China may be going home or to hit Cleo. Hanni could be after the last Incan town
as well.

440AD the Inca have been destroyed. Hanni sent in two cavs to pave the way for Liz, like she needed his help.
She hit the town with 8 cavs and finally took it down.

Hanni has two armies, each with one cav. Does not matter as they do not come out to play and neither
does Cleo's army. Hanni has the largest standing army. Liz is maybe stronger as it has 57 infantry and 47 rifles.
Not to mention 35 cavs, far more than anyone else. No one is fielding infantry other than Liz.
China has about as many units as Hanni, but the are mostly pikes, 119.

450AD USA seems to be sending its troops back, not sure. Cleo has three stacks of ships to drop
a single unit someplace, maybe Evora. She could have walked them as quickly, given her port locations.

Hanni planted Nora last turn and I forgot to note it.

Rails are starting to be seen and several cities have most of their tiles done. Still not connected
to much as they like to do the whole town and then move on. AI is woefully short of workers and the
higher the level the poorer the job they do on making enough workers.

Island Sid you can find them unable to clear pollution, due to not having workers. Sometime none at all, if they have been at war. They make units
to their cap and have to disband workers.

Tech: well I will take a shot at figuring out who got what and who did not.

China did not learn any techs.
Inca is gone.

IA techs:
USA picked up Ind
Medicine by Liz and Hanni.

Steam is the only one I am not sure about, I think it is newly learned by Henri.
Sid alerts me that my research is barely adequate, given I have no town, no pop and no research, it is probably true.

470AD I thought I saw a Carthage settler attacked by Liz last turn, but it happened to fast to tell.
Now I know it did happen as Liz is attacking Hanni everywhere. Liz 14-10 a couple of cities came close to being captured.

Cleo and Henri still go at it. Henri wins more fights, but it is his cities that are getting attacked.
Liz lost several infantry attacking rifles.

Liz 3 warriors, 3 spears, 12 LB, 43 rifles, 29 cavs, 69 infantry, 10 art, 3 mdi, 4 guer

Hanni 3 LB, 32 muskets, 119 rifles, 12 cavs, 10 art, 3 num, 16 mdi 2 armies
A human could win with either side. As Casey Stengel said about John McGraw "He can take hisin and beat yourin and take yourin and beat hisin"

480AD Liz razed a town. No one knows how to build a wall or to keep some troops home.
490AD Cleo razed a Portugal city. I seldom know the name as the game moves on too fast.
Liz started out 3-13 on def, but ended up 16-20.

Tech:
Mao still needs Magnetism. He does what the AI often does, research optional techs.
Free Art is worthless, once the wonder is build.

Sci Meth learned by Liz.
Steam now known to all, except China.
Sanitation learned by Liz and Hanni. Let the pollution flow.

Henri: getting weaker has 2 pikes, 25 muskets and 2 cavs. 1 cat.
My mil advisor says we could support a larger army, lol. Well I do have 10 gold, but no way to build anything.

Hanni has 207 units and his two armies.
Liz 144 units.

Top Bottom