Civ Assist

Again, Civassist is a very precious tool. There's one thing I miss though : would it be possible to have an alert (or an option for this) each time a civ gets a new tech (not just the first time a civ discovers a new tech) ?

In that case, I am at a bit of a loss to explain it! It loads fine on my machine, and the only thing that might have been different for yours is that it loads the BIX section from your installed version of conquests. However I just checked, and those saves have the BIX info embedded anyway (they are scenarios). :confused:

mike, on the last screenshot of one of your post, i notice your computer is running japanese language, right?
i have similar problem in the past running chinese characters in my windows.
try to change your default non-unicode language back to English, if your system supports this. below is the steps in case you dont...
go to starts
select control panels
select "Regional and language option"
click on "Advance" tab
then change the default language to English
restart your computer
restart C3C and restart CivAssist
Hopefully, thing will be working now... :p

but the problem of doing this that you may not able to read whatever language your computer was able to read before...

I am currently playing in DemoGame 6 which is the first using C3C. I don't own C3C so I can't run the game to investigate the save. I've also found that I can't use CivAssist to investigate the save as I don't have a Conquest.Biq file and CivAssist complains about it.

I'm am currently using the CrpSuite for some info, but CivAssist has other juicy stuff that I like.

So, the question:
Ainwood, is there something "hard" that you require in the conquest.biq file or is there a legitimate means to get around this problem?

I did try taking one of the simple mods and renaming it's biq to conquest.biq but that ended up with a subscript 9 error.

Note: I assume that there would be copywrite issues with copying a standard conquest.biq file and placing that on my PC.

@ Moth: Its not a copyright issue - simply get Conquests 1.22 patch, and install it (even though you don't have conquests). You might get complaints from the installer that it can't find certain files, but just ignore it. At the end, you should have a sub-folder in your Civ3 folder called "conquests", and conquests.biq will be installed in it. CivAssist should be quite happy with that!

Otherwise, I <think> I put a command-line option in where you can specify the path to the BIQ. Not completely sure, but if you have problems, then I'll try and find out for you.

Thanks. I installed the patch and then moved the Conquests folder from Infogrames/Civ to Atari/Civ and I can now load the saves.

The only issue I see is that the base cost of units is 10 times larger than it should be on the production tab. Ie: warriors need 100 shields.

I can live with this.

Thanks

I am also getting the subsript out of range error, I think it occurs after my lap top hibernates, The shield costs for units look a little strange also.

Any idea when you will near completion on the next version ainwood? I saw a few 'previews' (really just screenshots with information about DG6 using the beta version) in the demogame forum and I really like what you've done. :goodjob:

Well, we're just pulling a few of the last details together, and doing a bit of play testing to iron-out any problems we find.

We hope to have it out fairly soon, but, seeing as you asked, here are a few screenshots:

This is the Current Trades screen:

This is the "General Information" screen.

The World Map view has lots of sub-options to draw useful stuff on the map. Here is the overview:

This is one of the features on the "World Map" screen. It shows city radii:

This one shows tiles that are being worked.

Here is the screen for configuring alerts. It has a few new ones:

This is the in-game alerts window. Its better than the old version, becuase it has live linked features, and you can move an resize it as well:

And finally, the Economy view, where you can run scenarios on the effects of changing things.

ainwood said:
Well, we're just pulling a few of the last details together, and doing a bit of play testing to iron-out any problems we find.

We hope to have it out fairly soon, but, seeing as you asked, here are a few screenshots:
That's looking really cool ainwood :goodjob:.

Totally impressive! :D

The world map screen is very nice - will people without C3C be able to look at C3C saves?

Also, on the general tab it says "Single Player" for game type. Is this a hint it will support multiplayer? ;)

The new layout is more smooth, especially all the new colors! Great job, keep up the stellar work!!

edit: Wow, just noticed 'planned' cities. Dotmapping time. :goodjob:

I have a feeling that if you had posted those screenshots 4 days ago everyone would have thought they were fake :D

Top Bottom