Civ Assist

Yes, I have. Wait - I currently use the newest version and it is the only installer on my harddisk. But now I notice ( :rolleyes: ), that the installer that opens every time says: "This will install CivAssist 1.0.1 ...".
So what ever happened, I guess it happened at 1.0.1 - or atleast at the newest version where it still stated 1.0.1 - and I definitely do no have version 1.0.1 on my computer anymore.

On a different note. Does the current version take into account, income from other civs when calculating corruption?

It's my first Civ utility and it works great. I can't wait for the new update!

I do have a few comments and suggestions, though:

TECHNOLOGY
- Is it possible to add who are the Civ's that know that Tech (not just the number)?

DIPLOMACY
- It would be great to include the agreements here (RoP, MPP and MA)

MY TRADES
- It's good to have all the trades here. In 3C3, if there is under 8 Civ's you can see them easily. But in the bigger maps it's annoying having to go and change the Civ's to see all the trades!
- Would it be too much to ask to "link" the trades? It could be as easy as putting numbers in the "giving" and "receiving" boxes, like being trade #1, #2, etc.

CITIES
- Putting which building each city has I guess is asking for too much, but at least the number of total buildings would be good. Something like 5 temples, 2 granaries.

OPPONENTS
- I think more info on your opponents would be good. I don't mean any cheating, but you can (just by hard work) determine somethings of your opponents, like:
* Resources - if you look in the map you can find how many each civilization has (excluding trade)
* Cities sizes (at least those you can see)
* Total population (based on the city population)

Thanks for your hardwork making our work less hard and more fun!

I'm having trouble getting the net gold to match up to anything close to what in-game income under the corruption tab.

The calculations get the unit support and building maintenance cost right, the corruption calculation is a bit off however but the tax income assumed in the city entries, I assume to be base tax without the commercial modifiers.

Excluding the 50 gpt I'm getting from a trade, I'm getting close to 250+ gpt from my taxmen and wallstreet alone, also, extra gold from the tourist attraction wonders.

The tab lists my net income as -555 while my actual ingame income is 320 gold.

I'm sorry if this has been repeated before, the ultility is great.

dexters said:
I'm having trouble getting the net gold to match up to anything close to what in-game income under the corruption tab.

The calculations get the unit support and building maintenance cost right, the corruption calculation is a bit off however but the tax income assumed in the city entries, I assume to be base tax without the commercial modifiers.

Excluding the 50 gpt I'm getting from a trade, I'm getting close to 250+ gpt from my taxmen and wallstreet alone, also, extra gold from the tourist attraction wonders.

The tab lists my net income as -555 while my actual ingame income is 320 gold.

I'm sorry if this has been repeated before, the ultility is great.
Yes - its very wrong. :(

Am testing the calcs in the new version, and they are much better.

Just an update on the strange install-problem. I talked with a friend of mine and he has the same problem - only with "DC Essential files .5l" - something for an old version of Desert Combat. So it is not your program that is the problem. Maybe it is a general problem with the type of installer you are using - but most likely it is just Windows...

I'm sure this has been requested, but any chance of getting the expected target city of a free palace jump, like you had in the older Trade Assist utility?

ainwood said:
That was added to the new version about a week ago. :)

:blush: Oops, I'm already using it (v1.1.2). Now for an even stupier question, where is the jump info, which tab?

lurker's comment:

and now for a possibly annoying question : can you tell us when you expect the new version to be ready? I mean, I'm not asking you to reply with "The new version will be posted on March 3rd, 3:18 PM GMT", just a rough timescale...like "I'm done with the major parts, I should post it in the next few days", or "Stupid corruption still won't work as I'd like, I think I need two more weeks for it" or "Ungrateful little forumists, annoying me to no end! Showing absolutely no patience, although I'm spending my free time over this!! That's it, I quit, They'll just have to wait for Civ 4 ! That'll teach them!"

Well...I certainly hope it's not the last one... :lol:

Oh, and someone mentioned upthread (I'm too lazy to search for it) the request for listing MPP's and alliances(of other civs, not of own). I second that, that would really improve 9+ player games.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

[relurk]

I'm running CivAssist on my Macintosh under Virtual PC and Windows 2000.

Once I research a Future Tech, CivAssist reports
Code:
Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range
after loading the .sav file and quits.

@ainwood: Just wanted to say thanks :worship: , and great job :goodjob: . Civassist has significantly enhanced my Civving, and saved me a lot of time and hassle. Your considerable effort is appreciated.

Peepers

Mine says that also "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range" when i just load it up with C3C on the select game version

I was confused yesterday when I used CivAssist t look at the tiles in my game. It was showing more than 100 tiles unimproved and worked?

I knew that about a half a dozen were railed, but nothing else in one corrupt town that was not going to grow past size 6 and I wanted to have it that way. I could not find any other tiles.

I finally guessed it was talking about coastal or sea tile, maybe even ocean ones, is that correct? Can we filter out or report seperately non land tiles?
I may or may not ever get to offshore or commercial docks, if that constitutes improved tiles for those squares. I just want to be alerted to land tiles that I missed.

I know this is antidotal, but I offer this for what it is worth. I have left CivAssist up looking at a save, while I played on. Much later I have an error trying to reload that save. I suspect I may have saved over it during that time. I tried another save and it crashed the game.

I looked at the saves and the one I had been looking at was size 0. Needless to say I won't be leaving it up in the future. I had not had a crash in more than a year.

Thanks for listening and the great tool.

mikezang said:
When I open a saved game, I got message as below:
Run-time error '9'
subscript out of range

What does this mean? the saved game is not edited.
Thanks for the save. It opens fine on my version - are you sure you're running the latest? (it says in the program when you run it what the version number is).

It should open OK in version 1.1.2 (you can get that from the first post). If it doesn't, then please let me know.

Top Bottom