CiV Fantasy Improvement Graphic Conversions

Nomad or What

Wayfarer
Supporter
Civilization V fantasy improvement graphics, converted from various sources. Original source and credit cited where applicable. Special thanks to Ekmek for the tutorial, "How to Convert Civ4 Buildings into Civ5 Tile improvements" and to Danrell for his original groundbreaking tutorial on the subject.

NOTE:
- Unless otherwise noted, these graphics do not have any custom effects; the included mod was designed for testing the model in-game only.
- Pillaged and/or Half-built (under construction) graphics, when included, will need further scripting to work properly. Again, the XML/SQL files are for testing purposes and not finalized. Feel free to share any scripting for these graphics in the forum thread and I will add them into the OP.
- Ditto for sharing any pillage and half-built (HB) graphics; I will be adding the additional graphics to some of those that presently do not have them, but if you happen to create them first please do share them in the forum thread and I will add them into the OP with proper credit.
- If I fail to credit someone for their effort, please let me know so that I can correct it.
- Source .blend and .obj files added for your use in the event you wish to customize.
- I will take requests, but only for graphics in the fantasy genre. Please provide a link to source material; I cannot build graphics from scratch except on rare occasions.

Download is linked to the improvement name. Source content also linked whenever applicable.

Conversions from The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II by Electronic Arts (a good resource to substantive buildings can be located at bfme2.heavengames.com)

Elven Battle Tower
Spoiler :

Elven Barracks
Spoiler :

Isengard Fortress
Spoiler :

Isengard Wizard Tower
Spoiler :

Civ IV Conversions
(Various sources, cited where applicable)

Scorpion Nest, from "Fantasy Pack 2: Lairs & Ruins" by Walter Hawkwood
Spoiler :

Watchtower / Medieval Tower, by Chamaedrys, source download here.
Spoiler :

Many more to be added, so check back periodically.

Last edited:
Great job Nomad, and thanks for doing the FFH improvements!
I will be using the Elven Tower as Warhammer High Elf Waystones.:D:D:D

No worries; I wasn't sure about the scale for these, so if you want me to adjust them a bit let me know.

Also, I need the source info for the wizard tower and the scorpion nest. Thanks!

They're both from Civ4, and I believe they're both by Walter Hawkwood.

Excellent, I will update the OP. Thanks! I am still learning (i.e., extremely frustrated :mad: ) how to do effects and pillaged/half-built versions, so bear with me. Definitely a work-in-progress.

Initially, I bit off more than I could chew by trying to get the braziers on the Isengard fortress to flicker with flaming effects and it was a miserable failure. I have fully retreated to simply getting them into the game graphically, while hoping that the community could expand upon the basic improvement.

I am still learning (i.e., extremely frustrated:mad:) how to do effects and pillaged/half-built versions, so bear with me. Definitely a work-in-progress.

Maybe if we got some generic pillaged-ruins model and attached smoke to that we could just use it as the pillaged state of all those towers? I think there's a sort of medieval construction site building in the Civ4 database that could be used as a generic half-built model too... or we could just do a ground decal model that has bare dirt and marks suggestive of newly laid foundations... another idea I've had for pillaged graphics is just attaching a flame effect to every bone we can find... so for a small model attaching the great-lighthouse flame could make it look like a bonfire when scaled up.

another idea I've had for pillaged graphics is just attaching a flame effect to every bone we can find... so for a small model attaching the great-lighthouse flame could make it look like a bonfire when scaled up.

That is where the bulk of my frustration derives - getting effects to work with the models. So far no success. :(

Is there a way to change the model for the city itself?

Not quite. You can enlarge an improvement graphic over the city tile, however. I suppose with Lua you could even change it with a different improvement graphic once the city reached a certain size or whatever. In fact, I am planning on doing this with Dwarven cities in my fantasy mod. Cities built on mountain tiles don't display properly and by using this trick it would create a unique effect for a Dwarven mountain city by overlaying it with a unique improvement graphic.

The actual CiV city graphics and the buildings/wonders in them are unable to be modified though, unfortunately.

Ahhh it's good to have some LOTRBFME2ROTWK flashbacks...

Top Bottom