Civ III Diplomacy Editor

Is the geocities site down? :( I'm really looking forward to using this program, can't wait to have Bismarck insult me in German :)

Version 3.00 is now available

Unfortunately geocities is telling me I have reached my bandwidth limit. Too many people downloading my stuff (haha)

VERSION 3.00
MAJOR BUG FIX : Bug in the calculation of messages not sorted by civ (If you have a previous version please GET THE NEW VERSION or your diplomacy text file will end up missing text quotes.
MODIFICATION: You only need to tell the program the Civ path the first time you run it. It is stored in the registry for future uses.
ADDED: Added an options dialog box. Allows user to change civ path if necessary and gives option to use default civ names (see next item)
ADDED: Show Default Civ Names - this option will display abbrevaited civ names instead of civ 1, civ 2... for example... Rom, Egy, Gre, Bab....

I will have the URL for the download shortly.

I have so been wanting a utility for the Diplomacy text file. This is going to make it so much easier to make dialogue for alternate Leaderheads.

GREAT WORK!

I posted the file for Version 3.00 on civfanatics server.
download it HERE
** UPDATED : VER 3.10 available **

sorry to keep you waiting, simplybag.
It's ready now.

I must stress that if you have a previous version PLEASE DOWNLOAD the new one because of the major bug fix.

right now I have the number of civs hardcoded at 16.
It would be easy to make adjustable. I think I will add an option to set the number of civs (for those scenarios that people added civs - and the coming expansion pack)
Sorry to keep coming up with new versions all the time. I just keep getting more ideas. :)

Originally posted by simplybag
Is the geocities site down? :( I'm really looking forward to using this program, can't wait to have Bismarck insult me in German :)

well, maybe this isn't insulting enough for you, but it's about the only german I know. :D

Can I post a link to the download and to this thread in the Leaderhead library? Anyone who changes their leaderheads would probably want to change that leaders dialogue also.

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Can I post a link to the download and to this thread in the Leaderhead library? Anyone who changes their leaderheads would probably want to change that leaders dialogue also.

Sure. you can post a link.

well i already can see:Elizabeth of the English:
Im late for my bloodbath,how do you want me to get killed?

Originally posted by philippe
well i already can see:Elizabeth of the English:
Im late for my bloodbath,how do you want me to get killed?
haha!! I think I've opened a door to some pretty funny quotes....

VERSION 3.30 Ready!

I added a feature to let you choose keywords (such as $PLAYER0, $CIVNAME3, etc.) based on the message. Just click on the combo box.

I also made a change to the tree. You can now use the arrow keys to move up and down from field to field.

VERSION 3.30 - GET IT HERE

oh sure... i reinstall it (new comp ;)), and 10 mins later you release a new version... hmpf

tip #2 - each time you release a new version, release it as a "small install" or "patch", so those of us who just downgraded to 56k don't have to d/l a 1.5 MB file each time - kinda like Gramphos does with his C3MT.

Originally posted by Exsanguination
oh sure... i reinstall it (new comp ;)), and 10 mins later you release a new version... hmpf

tip #2 - each time you release a new version, release it as a "small install" or "patch", so those of us who just downgraded to 56k don't have to d/l a 1.5 MB file each time - kinda like Gramphos does with his C3MT.

sorry
I will do that from now on

Top Bottom