Civ III Diplomacy Editor

I assume you mean in my editor, not the game.
You mean instead of "CIV1", "CIV2" etc?

No, I'm sorry, I don't have where you can change those names.

Hy pescolo, this utility seems great, but I got kind of lost in this long thread, could you Edit your first post and put an actual list of features of your tools, that way I could see what it can do know, with all the things you have added

hi pesoloco,i want to ask you a question.of course if someone else has the will or the knowledge i would be very happy to hear it.
does your editor,(or utility)can change the rules in such a way that you can trade cities?in a' world war,a lot of diplomatic games have taken place in order to convince some nations to join in their alliances.unefortunately,although the civ3(i own a c3c)has the ability to trade cities,i have never seen trading cities.can u assisting in finding a solution?

aracuan, pesoloco's editor does not change the rules, only the text that appears in the game. The rules of the game don't need to be changed in order to trade cities, it is in the regular rules of the game but the AI's in the game will never trade cities unless they are badly losing a war :). Does that answer your question, aracuan?

hi!first of all i would like to thank you for beeing so kind.thanks for your reply as well.it was something i expected,that this(about trading cities)can not changed.thats very bad,because it would be very nice,to trade others civilizations cities,as gains or profits as a result of a victorious war(like first world war).another negative part,is the alliances,in which very weak civilizations convince very strong ones to make alliances and declare war at me!so,i disable the military alliances option and turn it to allow mutual pacts from the discovery of writing.at this at least,i achieved true military alliances. ;)

yes. all you have to do is go into the options and set the number of civs. then exit (Without saving) and start it back up.

If you save, it will only save text for the first 8 civs and you'll lose all the others so DO NOT SAVE when you exit.

When you come back in it should read the file for how ever many civs you put in.

do you mind if I post in my site a link to this thread?????

I don't mind if you link to it.

The reason you can't add new labels is because I lost the source code in a hard drive crash. If I wanted to add that ability, I'd have to recreate the entire program.

pesoloco said:
I don't mind if you link to it.

The reason you can't add new labels is because I lost the source code in a hard drive crash. If I wanted to add that ability, I'd have to recreate the entire program.
That's horrible, I feel sorry for you. That isn't even supposed to happen anymore, hard drives aren't supposed to crash becasue they make them better nowadays I was told.

Hi pesoloco,

Thanks so much for this fantastic little utility.
I'm in the process of translating the text files into Spanish and this is making life much easier. I didn't quite understand how the diplomacy.txt file worked with the randoms and sort-bys etc, so this has made life much easier.
Thanks so much. I don't suppose you've made anything life this for the the script.txt or labels.txt files lol.

DanIsNanou

Can someone help me figure this out a bit. It seems to work fine, but for some reason it doesn't recognize two of my civs dialogue. I have 20 civs in my mod and 18 of them work fine. It seems that two of them, (the same two every time) no matter what position I have them in or even if I delete a few others and move these two into the deleted two's spots refuse to work. At first contact it simply says...AIATFIRSTCONTACT or something like that in the game. Is there something I should be aware of to make these two civs work. Other than that this program seems to be flawless and makes editing the dialogue easy, but unfortunately the two civs I really want to make work don't seem to be recognized by the program. They are funny civs laced with inside jokes for my buddy and me so of course it has to be them giving me the hard time.

Vinniemack84, while questions are encouraged, for future reference, thread necromacy (especially a 4 year one!) is generally discouraged, unless there is a technical problem about the download, like the download not working. :)

Nah, that was a good bump.

I'm afraid I don't know what's wrong here... All I can think is the "Diplomacy Text Index" in the civilizations' tab is wrong...

...a technical problem...like the program giving him difficulties with two of the civs he's trying to use?

@Vinniemack84 - testing this has been on my list of things to do for a bit here. I'll get to it either this weekend or the beginning of next week and let you know if I have similar issues, etc. By looking through this thread, I'm wondering if perhaps the program isn't fully C3C compatible, or somehow is limited to a smaller number of civs. But again, I'm planning to take a look!

EDIT: Cross-post with Virote.

A complaint: I was using this editor for the mod I was making. I was going to check to see if there were any changes to the diplomacy text, to make sure. And you know what? All the text files except for the diplomacy text were deleted!

Top Bottom