Civ III Diplomacy Editor

Yeap, I was in debug mode, I didn't realize it would affect that as well. Thanks!

Hey I have another question...

After using the editor to add stuff for my a new civ I added to the game I've noticed that for certain screens I get (no reply) instead of accept.

Anyone have an idea why?

Looks like you made some changes to the USER_ACCEPT message. You probably forgot to add text for one of the text choices for that message. Anything left blank is changed to "(no reply)"

the User_accept field has only 3 things listed, all of which have words.

Do I need to make an accept for every civilization?

if all have words when you load it in the editor, I am not sure why it would even say "(no reply)" Check for other mesages that may correspond to this mesage.
If this is the only (no reply) you could open it in a text editor and search for the text.

and zulu, I started work few weeks ago on the new interface, but haven't worked much more on it as I've been very busy.

pesoloco: For me, the import feature doesn't work. I wanted to clone the dialogues in order to have 31 civs with text, but somehow the copying didn't work. Have I done something wrong?

Originally posted by Nahuixtelotzin
pesoloco: For me, the import feature doesn't work. I wanted to clone the dialogues in order to have 31 civs with text, but somehow the copying didn't work. Have I done something wrong?

If you have, so have I - I can't get it to work either...

In order for the import feature to copy an entry for a civ, the two files must have identical structure. For example if file A has an entry B that is sorted by Civ,Mood, and Power, then file C must have the same structure for entry B that file A has.

This may sound strange but think of it this way.
If FILE A looks like this:
Civ 1
------Happy
------Normal
------Angry

and file B is
Civ 1
------Random 1

The import would have a hard time merging the two since the structures dont match.

Anyways, if you are using two files that DO have identical structure, you can choose the file you want to import, select the civ num to copy and the civ num to replace and that should do the trick.

Originally posted by zulu9812
Any idea when the new version (with that interface I was talking about) is coming out?

zulu, that new interface is going to take a while and i'm sorry it may never happen

since all my source code for this utility has vanished in a hard drive crash a few weeks ago.:( :( :(

pesoloco, you said you posted the latest version oon the first page, but I don't see it. Maybe I just don't see it, but could you please post it again on this page?

Originally posted by zulu9812
please do the new interface, pretty please...

Since I'd have to rewrite the entire program, I'd rather finish a few other projects before I start this one so I can devote several days to writing it, and improving it.

yes it does work with ptw but you need to change some of the settings first, check earlier in this thread. I explain how to do it.

Top Bottom